Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

oldfanStL

Early 2022-2023 IUWBB Big Ten Predictions

I am a first time poster because I just found this site - so pleased.    background been following women's basketball for 40 years,  graduate from  IU  and so pleased finally the University recognized the importance/value  and quality.     Now recognized as a  team that plays as a team with enjoyable precision in their offense.  

would appreciate knowing about the incoming freshmen as well as Geary from Providence.     

thanks 

I want to learn more from you knowledgeable fans about releastic expectations for a team that is rebuilding its team and chemistry for the coming season.   What was evident in watching the team over the last several years as the players knew the tendencies of their teammates and the passing/passes was exceptional.   The axiom cliche of playing within your strengthes and understanding your role was evident.  

12 minutes ago, oldfanStL said:

I want to learn more from you knowledgeable fans about releastic expectations for a team that is rebuilding its team and chemistry for the coming season.   What was evident in watching the team over the last several years as the players knew the tendencies of their teammates and the passing/passes was exceptional.   The axiom cliche of playing within your strengthes and understanding your role was evident.  

Welcome to the board!

Early predictions from me?

• Top 20 team. 
  • Top three in the B1G
  • Moore-McNeil shines
  • Holmes was playing on one leg at the end of the year - if she's at full strength IU can be a Final Four contender. If not? We're good but not great.

1 hour ago, oldfanStL said:

I am a first time poster because I just found this site - so pleased.    background been following women's basketball for 40 years,  graduate from  IU  and so pleased finally the University recognized the importance/value  and quality.     Now recognized as a  team that plays as a team with enjoyable precision in their offense.  

would appreciate knowing about the incoming freshmen as well as Geary from Providence.     

thanks 

Welcome to btb and we hope to see a lot of posts from you.  I took the liberty of modifying the title of this thread so it was clear it was focused on the women's team.   If you use the search box, you should be able to find a thread for every player on the team including the incoming freshmen.

• Top 15 nationally
  • Top 2 in the B1G
  • Agree with Stu on Moore-McNeil

Coach Moren clearly wants experience on the court so Bargesser and Meister probably won't see a lot of minutes as freshman but I'm already hyped for Bargesser.  The fact she's already back running the 400 in track in 1:02 after losing her entire basketball season due to the ACL tear tells me she's got a fantastic work ethic.  It was hard to get a lot of information on our 2 incoming foreign players but the simple fact they've played overseas IMO will have them well-prepared for the B1G style of basketball.  

On 5/12/2022 at 2:24 PM, oldfanStL said:

Welcome to the board!

Expectations and predictions

I expect the team will have a different style on offense this year with our incoming transfers.  They should be able to better spread the court which should keep our opposition from double/triple teaming Mack as well as provide an opportunity for a two player game with Grace and Mack.

I concur with the previous two on Chloe.  

I am hoping Brown's hip surgery has gone well and she is ready to go early in the season.  The energy she brings coming off the bench is infectious.

I expect to see our bench get deeper.  Keeping Grace and Mack fresh for the season has to be our top priority.

Overall,

Polls - top 15

B10 - Top 3

B10 Championship - If we can push defense like we have and up our scoring from 3, then we can win it all.  If not, then we may be second fiddle again this year.

March Madness - Three seed if we do not win the B10, Two seed if we do. 

I appreciate your knowledgable responses although somewhat surprised that such an exciting, nationally recognized team does not have a more active board of supporters.   Personally I am spoiled and would invite you to  visit https://www.volnation.com › ... › Tennessee Vols Forums  Tennessee Lady Vols | VolNation.com.   If you visit note the excitement on every one of the new team members.  and the site has the "im always right"  occasional visitors but primarily good folks like you.

I found this even join site by contacting the director of women's basketball operations.   IU has a sound coach but she and her staff  don't seem to be maximizing  social media opportunities.   (where as the basketball men are very current on every slightly  potential recruit).  

With IU's premier media school  I wonder why  some students emphasizing a sports carreer are not recruited.  Note - a thought of mine, not a criticism.   Similarly the women's facebook page has no information about this site  or recommendation to join. 

"Follow Indiana Women's Basketball on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram"     but not   this  fan  site.

not intended to be a criticism of anyone or this board.  Just written to emphasize there are women BB fans who seek info and want to share 

Does anyone know what the 3X3 basketball tournament is and what it means or the purpose of it…. I noticed Iowa State, Tennessee, and Texas were in it.  Other than playing and trying to develop a player’s game I don’t understand the purpose.

OldfanStL…I agree with you that IU women basketball needs to have something a (more high profile place) for information all things IU Ladies basketball including recruiting, anything relevant to IU Ladies basketball, and gossip There are places to get information including here but it seems it has to be dug up and not readily available sometimes.
I get tired and frankly not that interested on all things including recruiting that is so available on the men’s side.

The IU Sports blog report discontinued over a year ago that use to have some individuals that debated thoughts regarding IU Ladies basketball program.

IU women basketball has a much better than a sound coach and staff.  (They are a lot better than sound) even though sound is included.   I think T.Moren has very high goals.  It seems her philosophy is to take steps and do the work.  The difference is Tennessee has a past high profile tradition and IU Ladies basketball program is in the process of striving to develop a Ladies basketball tradition….but I agree I would like to see a more high profile IU Ladies basketball program forum.