Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Gnet550

(2023) F/C Austin Parks to Ohio State

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Looking at those two pictures, I think Parks could literally eat Jobe.  Not necessarily on the basketball court, but physically eat him in one or two bites.

St. Mary's beaten by Defiance 48 - 35.  This from the local paper:  

St. Marys especially struggled with a lack of rebounding and committed a number of turnovers, which hindered any chance at a comeback like the one they made against New Bremen.

Evan Angstmann had eight points, and Jace Turner scored seven for St. Marys. Center Austin Parks was held to just one field goal and two free throws on the night.

Watched a stream of the Defiance game and Defiance played some fantastic defense and there were very few second chance scoring opportunities for St. Mary's.  Parks was allowed to roam when he got 12' from the basket but when he got inside, there was a Defiance defender who stuck to him like a fly on roadkill and if he got the ball down low, he was immediately doubleteamed.  He was 1-5 FG and 2-2 FT; 6 reb; 2 asst; 2 TO; 2 blk.  He did miss 3 bunnies.  He's got a good frame and if you are the St. Mary's football coach would love to have him as your tight end. 

St. Mary's 56-46 over Parkway.  I had Parks with 15 pts. on 6-8 FG; 3-4 FT; 5 reb; 3 asst; 3 stl; 2 blk; 1 TO.  Parkway doubleteamed him almost every time he touched the ball and he drew a number of fouls.  He also demonstrated he's not afraid to get floor burns on a couple of occasions when the ball was lose on the floor.

Yesterday St. Mary's lost 48-41 to Marion Local.  Parks with 25 pts. on 8-15 FG; 0  3s; 9-10 FT; 8 reb; 0 asst; 1 stl; 1 blk; 3 TO.  I don't believe that any of his FG attempts were taken more than 4' from the basket.  He's certainly not afraid of contact and bulled his way to the basket multiple times.  I was surprised he didn't pick up some offensive fouls with his aggressiveness.  

St. Mary's has a YouTube site (Rider Nation Station) that looks like it streams most of its home games so if you're interested---

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC99MvN8lMQ32pe3ozi_k5iA/videos?app=desktop

On Dec. 3, St. Mary's overwhelmed St. Henry 56-22 and Parks only played approx. 17 minutes scoring 18 pts. on 8-11 FG; 0-1 on 3s; 2-5 FT; 2 reb; 0 asst; 0 stl; 1 blk; 0 TO.

On Dec. 17, St. Mary's defeated Wapakoneta 52-36 and Parks scored 12 pts. on 5-8 FG; 2-3 FT; 5 reb; 3 asst; 0 stl; 3 blk; 2 TO.

For a frame of reference, St. Mary's enrollment would make it a 3A school in Indiana.  Have yet to watch a game where Parks was matched with a player of similar height, weight and skillset to see how he can perform.  He rarely dribbles but does have nice left or right spin moves along the baseline.  He's listed as 6'9" and 240 lbs.  St. Mary's has 2 other kids I'd guess around 6'4" who both rebound very well.   

Earlier today St. Mary's lost to Versailles 47-37.  Parks played the entire game finishing with 16 pts; 10 reb; 4 asst; 2 stl; 1 blk; 2 TO.  He was just 4-10 FG and all 10 shots came within 4' of the basket.  He's very much one dimensional on the offensive end.  He did hit 8-11 FT.  Today's game was the first I've seen where he was guarded by a defender of equal height.  Parks had more bulk but his defender was quicker and really disrupted Parks' shooting.  I don't  think I've ever seen him take more than one dribble with the ball.  

2 hours ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Feel like we havent heard much about him. Feels like an OSU lean?

42A1ACEB-1369-4CC0-AAE4-EC6BF6382BE4.png

Feels like there’s an outside chance he could pop the week after the Minny game? He’s already made trips to his top schools. Might have seen what he needs to see by now.