Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - G Dravyn "Dra" Gibbs-Lawhorn to Illinois

7 minutes ago, Demo said:

Thornton is a Guy.

Is Skyy Clark? 

I feel like Rodgers is the freshman that is going to help Illinois a lot and that Skyy Clark (aka Jalen Hood Schifino's backup) is a letdown waiting to happen.

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The few times I watched Skyy Clark I thought he looked like a me player and not a team player.

Spot on OF. And as if that wasn't enough, this is what Underwood had to say about Clark and Mayer at their media day last week:

_________________________________________________________________________________

Skyy Clark and Matthew Mayer are healthy, Underwood said, but both must ramp up their conditioningMayer was limited this offseason with a back issue, but Underwood said he has been fully cleared for about 10-14 days and is getting back into shape. Clark has been fully cleared for a few months from a knee injury suffered last year.

“He’s physically past it," Underwood said of Clark. "I’m trying to do everything I can to get him to be able to play conditioning-wise the way he’s capable of playing. It doesn’t have anything to do physically, it’s just the young man sat out a year, and he’s got to play a lot. He’s got to feel that up and down hurt that comes with being tired and pushing through that.”

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Is Skyy Clark? 

I feel like Rodgers is the freshman that is going to help Illinois a lot and that Skyy Clark (aka Jalen Hood Schifino's backup) is a letdown waiting to happen.

Don’t know. Have never watched him except for a couple of the 10 or so games he played for Montverde, and that wasn’t a fair situation to judge coming off the knee and walking mid-season into a very established rotation. Tough to find a niche. He’s kind of the anti-JHS in that he tries to make the pretty play when there’s a simple one there. But, he can make tough shots and he’s got exceptional vision and handle.  Prefer our guy, no question, and would take Thornton without a thought. 

2 hours ago, Demo said:

Tough to find a niche. He’s kind of the anti-JHS in that he tries to make the pretty play when there’s a simple one there.

Sounds awful familiar to a hilariously frustrating-to-watch PG that just transferred from Illinois.