Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Early BIG Projections (2020-21)

Maybe next season will be more exciting. There was parity but we only had 1 top team nationally in Maryland.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Lol. This season was just fine. Your an AP top 25 guy and the B1G finished with the most teams in the nationally recognizable top 25. 6 teams. Just because you do not like their brand of basketball doesn’t take away from the fact that the B1G was viewed as the best conference in basketball this year and honestly it wasn’t even close.

Lol. This season was just fine. Your an AP top 25 guy and the B1G finished with the most teams in the nationally recognizable top 25. 6 teams. Just because you do not like their brand of basketball doesn’t take away from the fact that the B1G was viewed as the best conference in basketball this year and honestly it wasn’t even close.

Or the Big Ten just didn’t have any elite teams? Outside of maybe Maryland. Whereas other seasons, the Big Ten has had multiple elite teams.

You may not care about the AP Top 25, but it builds a perception more than the NET. Recruits don’t go searching for NET rankings. They see what’s on TV and what shows more than anything? Whether you have a number or no number next to your name on the scoreboard. Being in the Top 25 important. It’s a good look. The Big Ten said mostly in the 10-25 range.

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Or the Big Ten just didn’t have any elite teams? Outside of maybe Maryland. Whereas other seasons, the Big Ten has had multiple elite teams.

Elite teams defined by you?

I don’t know how many elite teams the B1G had this year or what that even means being elite but I do know the B1G had teams that could have made deep runs in this years tourney.    As you said Maryland was one of them but I could easily make a case for Sparty, Ohio St, Wisky and Michigan as teams that could of made deep runs.  

Elite teams defined by you?
I don’t know how many elite teams the B1G had this year or what that even means being elite but I do know the B1G had teams that could have made deep runs in this years tourney.    As you said Maryland was one of them but I could easily make a case for Sparty, Ohio St, Wisky and Michigan as teams that could of made deep runs.  

Any team can make a deep run. Doesn’t make them elite. Indiana could have with some luck. Maryland was elite. Michigan State, Wisconsin were just under that probably. Michigan Ohio State I would put under that.

You may not care about the AP Top 25, but it builds a perception more than the NET. Recruits don’t go searching for NET rankings. They see what’s on TV and what shows more than anything? Whether you have a number or no number next to your name on the scoreboard. Being in the Top 25 important. It’s a good look. The Big Ten said mostly in the 10-25 range.

Changing your stance on the B1G from only having 1 nationally top team to wording it to having 1 elite team?
I just pointed out the B1G had the most teams in the nationally recognizable ap top 25 all year which would mean they had more then 1 nationally top team.

Any team can make a deep run. Doesn’t make them elite. Indiana could have with some luck. Maryland was elite. Michigan State, Wisconsin were just under that probably. Michigan Ohio State I would put under that.

Elite defined by you? not everyone else. I could easily see an argument made for Sparty being elite depending ones own definition of the word elite

How many teams nationally got the Loaded Elite stamped approval this year?

Elite defined by you? not everyone else. I could easily see an argument made for Sparty being elite depending ones own definition of the word elite

An argument could be made for Sparty. I’d agree with that. Wisconsin would be on the cusp I think and arguable I guess.

How many teams nationally got the Loaded Elite stamped approval this year?

Kansas was above everyone. They were the best team in the nation. Baylor, Duke, Gonzaga, Maryland, Florida State, Dayton, Kentucky. I think there is a group just under that of SDSU, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Creighton, Oregon. Then a group very closely begins of BYU, Louisville, Virginia, Seton Hall, Villanova and some others.

Kansas was above everyone. They were the best team in the nation. Baylor, Duke, Gonzaga, Maryland, Florida State, Dayton, Kentucky. I think there is a group just under that of SDSU, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Creighton, Oregon. Then a group very closely begins of BYU, Louisville, Virginia, Seton Hall, Villanova and some others.

Agree with Kansas above others. Some might have a problem with having a team that lost to Evansville at home and a team that lost to SF Austin at home as Elite but that’s the beauty of an opinion. Everyone has one and they will all be different.

Agree with Kansas above others. Some might have a problem with having a team that lost to Evansville at home and a team that lost to SF Austin at home as Elite but that’s the beauty of an opinion. Everyone has one and they will all be different.

That Evansville loss was awful, but outside of that, they’ve proven to be very good and that same team that lost to Evansville, beat Michigan State just the week before. Dukes loss to SFA was shocking, but SFA was a good team. The type that could make a big upset in the tourney.

That Evansville loss was awful, but outside of that, they’ve proven to be very good and that same team that lost to Evansville, beat Michigan State just the week before. Dukes loss to SFA was shocking, but SFA was a good team. The type that could make a big upset in the tourney.

Kentucky lost to Utah on a neutral court as well and lost at South Carolina. Duke got blown out at NC State and lost at Clemson. Again peoples definition of elite are going to be different

Kentucky lost to Utah on a neutral court as well and lost at South Carolina. Duke got blown out at NC State and lost at Clemson. Again peoples definition of elite are going to be different

And I would still put Duke and Kentucky above everyone in the Big Ten except maybe Maryland. If UK and Duke play their A games against Maryland’s, they match up but against everyone else in the B1G, they are better.

But like I said, Michigan State could be argued.

And I would still put Duke and Kentucky above everyone in the Big Ten except maybe Maryland. If UK and Duke play their A games against Maryland’s, they match up but against everyone else in the B1G, they are better.

Ohio St beat Kentucky on a neutral court

Okay? Ohio State also lost to Minnesota twice. Was Minnesota a better team? Nope.

No not in my opinion. Ohio st was better then Minny but in my opinion Ohio st is just as good as Kentucky was this year. My opinion. My opinion is that Kentucky wasn’t elite this year, my opinion was Kentucky would be in the same group as Ohio St, Wisky, Sparty Maryland, Michigan but then again that’s just my opinion

No not in my opinion. Ohio st was better then Minny but in my opinion Ohio st is just as good as Kentucky was this year. My opinion. My opinion is that Kentucky wasn’t elite this year, my opinion was Kentucky would be in the same group as Ohio St, Wisky, Sparty Maryland, Michigan but then again that’s just my opinion

Yea I could see that. But i still wouldn’t put Ohio State and Michigan State at the same level as Maryland. Maryland’s was the best and most talented team in the B1G.