Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

I get that people are concerned with the O Q1 or Q2 wins yet but IU will have at least 14 opportunities for those kind of wins moving forward.  That’s plenty for an at large bid even if Notre dame and St. John’s doesn’t make it to Q2 territory.   IUs tournament chances will come down to B1G play like it has the last couple years.   Those years IU had the Q1 wins and still found a way to find themselves out because of lack of Q2 conference win's
Can they finally put it together in conference so I can put their name on my IU bracket?  I hope so it would be nice to put their name on the board for the first time since I got it 

It was more to the point of our noncon SOS being Charmin soft, again.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Again like Crean?   Last year they had a top 75 Non conference SOS and the 4th hardest SOS overall 

Yes, I have no idea what our noncon SOS is on with the NET. It’s horrible on KP. When a canceled game against UNCA would have improved your noncon SOS you know you’re in Charmin territory.

18 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Yes, I have no idea what our noncon SOS is on with the NET. It’s horrible on KP. When a canceled game against UNCA would have improved your noncon SOS you know you’re in Charmin territory.

Yeah it’s awful this year the worst I’ve seen in many years.   Archie’s Non conference SOS was near the 60-100 range.  I’ve seen a couple things reported that they did this on purpose this year and moving forward they will schedule different.   It’s a gamble but many coaches takes this approach and have been successful in making the tourney with a decent seed.  NET Non conference SOS  is 346 as of today.   Awful.     Some other non con sos  for reference

Purdue-246

USC-323

LSU-281

Iowa-254

Oklahoma-266

Minny- 287

not justifying what they did this year with this team but I understand why they went this route    As long as they beef up the schedule moving forward im fine with this being a 1 off scheduling decision 

Yeah it’s awful this year the worst I’ve seen in many years.   Archie’s Non conference SOS was near the 60-100 range.  I’ve seen a couple things reported that they did this on purpose this year and moving forward they will schedule different.   It’s a gamble but many coaches takes this approach and have been successful in making the tourney with a decent seed.  NET Non conference SOS  is 346 as of today.   Awful.     Some other non con sos  for reference
Purdue-246
USC-323
LSU-281
Iowa-254
Oklahoma-266
Minny- 287
not justifying what they did this year with this team but I understand why they went this route    As long as they beef up the schedule moving forward im fine with this being a 1 off scheduling decision 

Goodness!! It’s worse on NET than KP. Hopefully, that’s one of many things that get corrected moving forward.

Penn State with a big win on the road last night jumps them up to 86. Again, its not always who you play but when you play them. IU got them at the wrong time unfortunately 

IU back up to 45 after Notre Dame, Penn State, and St. John's all have good nights. 

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

IU has its first Q2 win of the year.  Notre Dame moved up to 94 after their win over North Carolina.  IU has a chance to gain momentum at home starting tonight with a Q1 opportunity followed by a Q2 opportunity on Sunday.  Need to win home games 

St. John's moving closer to a Q2 win? I know it was at Assembly Hall, but they're up to #109 in NET and with Champagnie back they should continue to do pretty well.

4 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Penn State with a big win on the road last night jumps them up to 86. Again, its not always who you play but when you play them. IU got them at the wrong time unfortunately 

IU back up to 45 after Notre Dame, Penn State, and St. John's all have good nights. 

When you include Wisky's road win over Purdue, the last two nights have been very, very good for IU's resume.

Now, let's see if we can do some self-advancement against OSU.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

St. John's moving closer to a Q2 win? I know it was at Assembly Hall, but they're up to #109 in NET and with Champagnie back they should continue to do pretty well.

They will have a chance to move up big time in the Big East.  Every team is in the NET top 109 I believe.   They need to get to 75 for that to be a Q2 win.   

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

I know I am not USPS but I just looked at their schedule and they have some tough ones coming up that could get them there, but will also be tough for them to win. Next 3/4 are on the road against Providence, UConn, and Creighton. 

Just now, IUc2016 said:

I know I am not USPS but I just looked at their schedule and they have some tough ones coming up that could get them there, but will also be tough for them to win. Next 3/4 are on the road against Providence, UConn, and Creighton. 

IMO they are good enough to win any of those games. 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

They will have a chance to move up big time in the Big East.  Every team is in the NET top 109 I believe.   They need to get to 75 for that to be a Q2 win.   

Everyone except Georgetown (158) and little Butler (139, I love that they stink)

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Minus Butler which is 139 and Georgetown