Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

Somewhat luke brown related ...congrats to furst Kaufman goode mantis and konisczney ....that being said ....as great as mantis has been can anyone tell me how brown barnhizer and Wesley aren’t on this list with a) more/better school offers b) better stats c) more team success ?!?!?? 

this is not a knock on mantis but it just really stands out and, as big or a brown fan as I am , barnhizer probably has an even bigger complaint if this season is the main criteria he might be having a top all time season

DE8D3F81-120B-48EE-9F8F-1A05121FF30D.png

Maybe the most impressive game I’ve seen luke play ....Blackford wins 87-71 ...brown has 12 points .  Teams fifth leading scorer, 4 other starters and sixth man had between 15 and 20 points each and fifth starter had six.  He was high fiving all the starters when they went out with two minutes left ...Luke stayed in with the jv team and never took a shot.  He has a chance to hit 3000 points and he’s prepping his team for big first game of sectional instead of chasing his number. 

I saw Gus Etchison play last night against Norwell.  I wasn't impressed.  Not for his lack of ability, but his cocky attitude.  Norwell is 80% sophomores and held him under his average and hung with them most of the game.  Their other guard killed us in the 1st quarter.  Brown is a much more respected player IMO.  He tried numerous behind the back passes and they denied him 3 different dunk attempts.  He was visibly pissed because he was denied his highlights.

1 hour ago, HoosierCoop said:

I saw Gus Etchison play last night against Norwell.  I wasn't impressed.  Not for his lack of ability, but his cocky attitude.  Norwell is 80% sophomores and held him under his average and hung with them most of the game.  Their other guard killed us in the 1st quarter.  Brown is a much more respected player IMO.  He tried numerous behind the back passes and they denied him 3 different dunk attempts.  He was visibly pissed because he was denied his highlights.

It’s a shame what etchison has gone through on a personal level and I don’t know if some of that has effected his attitude but I got to watch him in sectionals his freshman and sophomore year and he was very team oriented....this class is so deep normally he’d be in the top 10 or 5 names talked about and I think that’s worn on him so he tries to do too much to compensate .....brown has always said he doesn’t care about numbers but everyone says that even if they don’t mean it I think there have been several key times he’s proven that and so I hope people that haven’t always been super impressed with him at least can see he’s a good kid ....you hitting any sectionals ?

15 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

It’s a shame what etchison has gone through on a personal level and I don’t know if some of that has effected his attitude but I got to watch him in sectionals his freshman and sophomore year and he was very team oriented....this class is so deep normally he’d be in the top 10 or 5 names talked about and I think that’s worn on him so he tries to do too much to compensate .....brown has always said he doesn’t care about numbers but everyone says that even if they don’t mean it I think there have been several key times he’s proven that and so I hope people that haven’t always been super impressed with him at least can see he’s a good kid ....you hitting any sectionals ?

We are in the Mississinewa sectional.  Believe it or not, all teams are pretty equal even though Norwell has a losing record this year.  Keep a watch on Luke McBride.  He has really come on strong toward the end of the season.  I won't be able to hit any games.

1 hour ago, HoosierCoop said:

We are in the Mississinewa sectional.  Believe it or not, all teams are pretty equal even though Norwell has a losing record this year.  Keep a watch on Luke McBride.  He has really come on strong toward the end of the season.  I won't be able to hit any games.

When we had to cancel with andrean I actually messaged our AD because I noticed you guys had a schedule opening that following weekend but we had already agreed with bishop dwenger.  You guys have always had fantastic PROGRAMS and have had some darn good baseball basketball AND football players.  You guys can definitely beat miss, who did you draw in first game ? Are they not letting fans in ?

2 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

When we had to cancel with andrean I actually messaged our AD because I noticed you guys had a schedule opening that following weekend but we had already agreed with bishop dwenger.  You guys have always had fantastic PROGRAMS and have had some darn good baseball basketball AND football players.  You guys can definitely beat miss, who did you draw in first game ? Are they not letting fans in ?

We drew the bye.  Play the winner of Eastern and Bellmont.  Not sure of the restrictions.  I have commitments next week unfortunately that I can't attend.

20 hours ago, HoosierCoop said:

We drew the bye.  Play the winner of Eastern and Bellmont.  Not sure of the restrictions.  I have commitments next week unfortunately that I can't attend.

You should make it to the championship game then at least ...best of luck and hope you guys hit regional so you can make it to the game 

On 2/25/2021 at 11:36 AM, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

You should make it to the championship game then at least ...best of luck and hope you guys hit regional so you can make it to the game 

Bellmont has a pretty good team this year. IMO they probably have the best chance of upsetting Mississinewa. 

9 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Bellmont has a pretty good team this year. IMO they probably have the best chance of upsetting Mississinewa. 

I haven’t gotten to watch Belmont so i guess I was making assumption from records / schedules / common opponents which I shouldn’t do ....I will say mississenewa is totally beatable but they are a differ team at home ...swanner is always there but ulrich and mcclung play better in their gym with a favorable crowd .....that sectional, the delta yorktown Hamilton heights new castle sectional and Winchester Monroe central frankton wapahni sectional will all be excellent basketball 

Gonna be interesting ! Regular Season finishes with barnhizer ahead of brown by 17 points ....both have a tough opening round game for sectional .....blackmon from Marion next closest over 100 behind both players ...no one else really in striking distance.  Looks like whoever goes farther in tourney will be the scoring champ.  If brown wins he will be first player in history to lead the state three consecutive years.

Guys, at the risk of being made fun of, I had gotten two extra sectional tickets for some friends from out of town and they can’t make it.  Blackford switched to blue designation and can have 2000 fans.  If anyone was interested in the Blackford game but didn’t want to come without knowing they could get in you’re welcome to the tickets just shoot me a message.  Good luck to all high school players this week !  Hopefully everywhere has some limited capacity for the public !