Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2019 IUFB Class Ranking

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

Little better overall ranking but still way down in conference.

So are you happy or not? Just curious? Because on rivals if you take out the Long snapper IU actually has the 6th best class stars total wise. So....Is there a problem? Or just something to gripe about since seasons over? I would encourage you to watch some of the verbals films. Not to mention we still have 5-8 more spots to fill. 

So are you happy or not? Just curious? Because on rivals if you take out the Long snapper IU actually has the 6th best class stars total wise. So....Is there a problem? Or just something to gripe about since seasons over? I would encourage you to watch some of the verbals films. Not to mention we still have 5-8 more spots to fill. 

The results on the field year after year despite whatever recruiting results we have? Does that count?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

20 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

The results on the field year after year despite whatever recruiting results we have? Does that count?

Well then Historically speaking I guess we shouldnt get excited about anything. Sorry  your boy Wilson got fired. I think Allen is still adjusting, and I think with changes in duties we will Be fine. He is actually adressing depth and doing what a head coach does when it comes to building a team. I would say that if Wilson was the HC in 2017 we wouldn’t have made a bowl. Just look at his stats and if you want to talk about questionable game plans....let’s not forget Wilson’s mind boggling calls in 2016. But hey I understand there’s a handful of Debbie downers on here....oh well....bring on the High school head coach comments lol. Btw Wilson was a head coach in hs and went 0-10. Just for anyone who wants to relate correlations to former hs hc to college coaches. 

Well then Historically speaking I guess we shouldnt get excited about anything. Sorry  your boy Wilson got fired. I think Allen is still adjusting, and I think with changes in duties we will Be fine. He is actually adressing depth and doing what a head coach does when it comes to building a team. I would say that if Wilson was the HC in 2017 we wouldn’t have made a bowl. Just look at his stats and if you want to talk about questionable game plans....let’s not forget Wilson’s mind boggling calls in 2016. But hey I understand there’s a handful of Debbie downers on here....oh well....bring on the High school head coach comments lol. Btw Wilson was a head coach in hs and went 0-10. Just for anyone who wants to relate correlations to former hs hc to college coaches. 

I’m not Wilson fan. I enjoyed his offenses. I relatively enjoyed the results.

I actually like Allen and am rooting for him. He just hasn’t shown me much. I’m not in the fan club that constantly picks on his Lack of experience and Glass, etc. That’s not me.

I get excited about IUFB every year but my expectations are what they are. I root for a .500 club and expect 1 or 2 games less than that.

On 12/4/2018 at 7:35 PM, lucel15 said:

The 6th best class? O thats exciting! Should get us 2 maybe 3 conference wins.

Well we can look back to last years class and the athletes and true freshman that played this past season....you do realize football recruits are different when it comes to on the field success....right? It’s different from one and dones....

but just from last year you have James head, Stevie Scott, Cam Jones, Jaylin Williams, Devon Matthews....all building blocks that made plays and impact plays throughout the season....we aren’t OSU or Michigan. Never have been in the sense that we have a full class of ready to play players...I don’t know if it’s your ignorance to not do research on where these kids are coming from or if you just don’t care and feel like making comments here and there towards the at least one positive side of this team that is finally being built when it comes to actually having depth and players. 

This years class-

if everything holds true....there’s more playmakers I believe, not to mention I believe there are 7 early enrollees (given 2 others that’s we lead for give verbal and sign) which can only help the development in the sense of learning the playbook and an extra 6mths of college weightroom training. 

Anyways onto the prospects-

Sampson James will get playing time amen in the long run will contribute to building your conference wins

Beau Robbins- has the size and fundamentals and some speed to develop as an edge guy which can lead to your point of building conference wins. 

Tiwan Mullen is a proven DB from Florida and plays tough competition and given his size maybe not this year, but years to come will help build towards your point of building to conference wins. 

David Ellis out of Michigan is probably the most under the radar recruit I’ve seen IU pick up in this class, he does it all from return, running and receiving. So to everyone and I’m sure you’re one of the guys that wishes for more speed and athleticism....well here’s your guy that will help with building to more conference wins. 

Dorian Jones and Kervens Bonahaomme (sp) are athletic linebackers who can play sideline to sideline which is what we are really missing on this team. Maybe not true playmakers from day one, but they can develop into solid Lbs that everyone wants. Oh and that’s can help reach the goal of more conference wins. 

I’m not going to go on and on about the talent in this class...go google search some stuff and analysis from scouts....

and im not sure where this conference win motto thing is coming from, you make it sound like for the past 20 years IU has Won 4 or more conferences games. WIlson had his final season at 4-5. I enjoyed Wilson, but to think going back to last season we would’ve gone 9-3 or something like that.....I’m sorry maybe some games would’ve gone different, but my oh my that man could not recruit depth to save his life. And to win conference game you somewhat have to have depth at key positions.....oh wow even tho Tom should hand over the reigns and focus on just HC duties....the man is actually talking about depth and at least he realizes that good teams have depth at each and every position.....CKW didn’t realize that in his tenure as a HC. 

I’m very excited about the talent level being brought in. I don’t take too much stock In recruiting rankings when it comes to BIG. If we are top 40 nationally and the still bottom in terms of BIG, then hell, kudos to the BIG for having great year recruiting. My concern is and will continue to be getting a new OC and moving papaw DeBo into retirement.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners