Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Yogi'sBicep

Workouts

I run marathons. Don't really have any tips. Put one foot in front of the other and repeat until you cross the finish line. Want to finish faster, put one foot in front the other more quickly.

Seriously though, I really appreciate all preparation that goes into finishing a marathon. Most people could do a 5k without training. 26.2 miles takes training, proper dieting and a supportive wife that doesn't mind you going for a 1-2 (sometimes 3) hour jogs almost everyday.

I plan on doing an Ironman Triathlon sometime down the road.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I started lifting this summer and have noticed changes pretty quickly. Great atmosphere, friendly people, lots of encouraging advice and support. I'm not doing it for anyone but myself and I've gotta say I feel a lot better on the days I make it to the gym. Getting a little trickier with me starting a new job but I'll make it work.

I too, run marathons... I have run the Equinox up here in AK (2nd hardest in North America) 4x and the Las Vegas marathon. Looking at doing some others but they are getting too damned expensive.

Honolulu or get a team to do the entire island. Maui would be a good one too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Crimson and Cream said:

I started lifting this summer and have noticed changes pretty quickly. Great atmosphere, friendly people, lots of encouraging advice and support. I'm not doing it for anyone but myself and I've gotta say I feel a lot better on the days I make it to the gym. Getting a little trickier with me starting a new job but I'll make it work.

Just keep going! Lifting is usually, for me, a snowball effect. If I have a good 3-4 sessions, there's not a chance in hell I am going to miss a day for awhile. 

Once you stop for a few days is when it gets tough to go grind it out. Even if you have a half-effort day, go in and just force yourself. It's a great lifestyle.

9 hours ago, IUsafety said:

I run marathons. Don't really have any tips. Put one foot in front of the other and repeat until you cross the finish line. Want to finish faster, put one foot in front the other more quickly.

Seriously though, I really appreciate all preparation that goes into finishing a marathon. Most people could do a 5k without training. 26.2 miles takes training, proper dieting and a supportive wife that doesn't mind you going for a 1-2 (sometimes 3) hour jogs almost everyday.

I plan on doing an Ironman Triathlon sometime down the road.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Hilarious! One foot in front of the other LOL. I can't imagine how much work it is to do a full marathon. I struggle with 5 miles without getting bored or deadly tired  (lift before I run). Ran 8 miles the other day at a like 9-10 min pace & couldn't move for 2 days. 

What are are your favorite & least favorite shoes? 

Hilarious! One foot in front of the other LOL. I can't imagine how much work it is to do a full marathon. I struggle with 5 miles without getting bored or deadly tired  (lift before I run). Ran 8 miles the other day at a like 9-10 min pace & couldn't move for 2 days. 

What are are your favorite & least favorite shoes? 

I'm a big fan of Brooks Ghost or Glycerin. I like to buy the previous years model so I can save some money.

For long mileage, it is a good idea to know what type of stride you have. Sometimes shoe stores will have someone that can look at the bottom of your old shoes and watch you run to help determine what type of stride you have.

This might be the best portion of a post I have ever read no BS. Just do it over and over again.

Brooks ghost are what I wear as well. I didn't like the laces tho and put those stretchy lock devices on them. Lesson learned....if you put those stretchy lock device laces on shoes......leave a lot of spare lace. Your feet get bigger when you run long distance and you will need to adjust the tightness of your shoes. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

On 9/23/2017 at 5:43 AM, IUsafety said:

I'm a big fan of Brooks Ghost or Glycerin. I like to buy the previous years model so I can save some money.

For long mileage, it is a good idea to know what type of stride you have. Sometimes shoe stores will have someone that can look at the bottom of your old shoes and watch you run to help determine what type of stride you have.

I have done the Indy 500 mini 3 times now but because of work I only have been able to train for about a month beforehand. My goal is to do a full marathon next year and I want to use the Indy 500 mini in May as a "training" race. Do you have any good training schedules for a full marathon?

I have done the Indy 500 mini 3 times now but because of work I only have been able to train for about a month beforehand. My goal is to do a full marathon next year and I want to use the Indy 500 mini in May as a "training" race. Do you have any good training schedules for a full marathon?

I've always used the following training guides. There are several to choose from and they are pretty easy to follow. Don't get to caught up in following them exactly. If you miss a few days, no big deal. I try to always put in my long mileage days though.

http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51135/Marathon-Training-Guide