Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

thebigweave

Online college basketball simulation

I think I scouted well this go around in L31, landing two COMPLETELY unrecruited +5 kids. Their stats weren't out of this world, so I'm very curious to see what they turn into.

I also realize now how much of an advantage paid accounts have with the extra RP's. They can max an extra player, or max the usual number and spread a wide net early. Will be interesting to see if I can maintain competitiveness as a "small" program.

Boy I must really be missing how to scout for the top recruits. I’m on guys I think look great and they end up being +3.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Each league is its own recruiting animal due to the number of active members.

It's very hard to get +6 or higher guys in 31, less hard in 34, and easiest in TLeague.

Smaller ties on top guys in TLeague. Usually like 3-4 way ties versus 12 way ties in 31.

The key is finding safety netters though in any league. I normally only sign about 1 of my 4 maxes and the other 2 end up being safety netters.

I think I scouted well this go around in L31, landing two COMPLETELY unrecruited +5 kids. Their stats weren't out of this world, so I'm very curious to see what they turn into.
I also realize now how much of an advantage paid accounts have with the extra RP's. They can max an extra player, or max the usual number and spread a wide net early. Will be interesting to see if I can maintain competitiveness as a "small" program.

I realized that too recently and went ahead and donated to be a large program. I figure I’m getting $5 worth of entertainment out of it, plus kmoney spends a ton of time on the league.

Is it a requirement that sophomores regress? I’ve already talked about my L34 PG going from 50% shooter to 30%, now in test league I have a 42% 3pt shooter as a freshman guard to 12% as a sophomore. My sophomore center went from averaging right at double double as a freshman, now to 4 and 7.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

L31- Ehhh, my team is +27 so I’m losing interest quickly. I’ll give it another season to see if I get a decent recruiting class.

L34- #1 seed in PTT, squeaked by #16 by 1 pt. I count 2 16 seeds, 2 14 seeds and 1 15 seed that won.

Test- quickly becoming my favorite league. And thanks to Wayne Fleek for the advice as this team has done much better after all those scrimmages they lost. #4 seed in PTT and now 11-9. 5 of the 9 losses by less than 7 points. I’m beating who I should and losing to who I should. Have the freshman of the year in conference and feel like I’m 1 starter and a bit of depth away from taking a step into the NTT.

Wish my 31 and 34 teams looked like this. Lol

Much harder to build in 31.

Neil King deserves a shot soon. Depends on who I get tonight.

I’m anxiously refreshing the page starting in 5 minutes. It’s like Christmas seeing who you signed! Lol

Congrats man! Your patience paid off. A 6/12 for me. I have some awesome pieces. Running scrimmages tonight with all sorts of lineups.

Thanks, I broke a 5 way tie for the #1 overall player in Kimbrell (+9) and then broke a 2 way tie for Hart (+6). Had I known that would happen my 3rd signee would have been a 6’5 PG I had a CL on who was EXC D, hands, and Int. Instead it’s another big guy with +4 and Exc D. Hoping that doesn’t bite me as my backup PG are probably just backups.

Man it’s just test league I know, but I enjoy it more than the others due to the faster pace!

Congrats on another solid class!

Thanks, I broke a 5 way tie for the #1 overall player in Kimbrell (+9) and then broke a 2 way tie for Hart (+6). Had I known that would happen my 3rd signee would have been a 6’5 PG I had a CL on who was EXC D, hands, and Int. Instead it’s another big guy with +4 and Exc D. Hoping that doesn’t bite me as my backup PG are probably just backups.

Man it’s just test league I know, but I enjoy it more than the others due to the faster pace!

Congrats on another solid class!

You beat me for Kimbrell as part of that tie. I got David Guy as a +8, a 3 way tie then 2 clear leads. A +3 and +4. Other guys have great stats but underwhelming +\-.

As I was concerned about, my PG play during scrimmages seems to be a major weakness. To the point I’ve even tried Kimbrell there. It’s not the W/L (not good but not concerned about) it’s the turnovers!