Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
NotTheReal HoosierHoopster

OT: UK recruiting strategy - Join us or we are through with you.

Cal has proved to be a great recruiter and smart coach (not a great coach). As much as I hate the slimey basturd, he understands how to let his players succeed without being an x's and o's type coach. Seems like Crean is working to emulate that model with the unscripted no passing drive the ball to the hole offense. I still believe that IU basketball should be disciplined hard nose ball with juniors and seniors leading the way. That will not happen with the program running off players and recruiting guys that will only play one or two years. We need to get back to Indiana basketball.

I completely disagree with the first sentence.  Cal is a pretty darn good coach in his own right.  Trust me no one hates saying that more than I do, there's nothing I would love more (ok, there are a few things.  VERY few) then to see UK have Mike Davis or someone worse as coach, but he really is a pretty good coach.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10867253/los-angeles-lakers-plan-court-kevin-ollie-uconn-huskies-john-calipari-kentucky-wildcats

ESPN reporting LA will reach out to Calipari and Ollie.  I think Ollie outside of Stevens is the best young coach in any league.  Not because of just winning a title.  That dude did wonders with the guards he had.  They had talent, but a lot of top teams have talent.  Their guards grew exponentially throughout the year.  It was quite impressive. 

See guys, if it was just about making fun of UK or obsessing over them I would have brought up one specific thread on RR.  You know the one where a guy starts a thread to ask what the chances are the Clippers moves out of LA and into Kentucky.

https://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1383&tid=200626336&mid=200626336&sid=888&style=2

So, we aren't going to obsess over them for just any reason.  If we are going to get trolled by a thread like this, some of us will troll right back when said poster can't keep trolling. 

I can't see Crispy Calamari going to the Lakers.. only because they aren't going to pay him $8 - $10 million a year to coach a team that will lose anyway because of the players and talent they currently don't have.  Maybe 2015 though, if LA saves up some draft picks and gets some skilled young blood (Cals favorite).

Cal has proved to be a great recruiter and smart coach (not a great coach). As much as I hate the slimey basturd, he understands how to let his players succeed without being an x's and o's type coach. Seems like Crean is working to emulate that model with the unscripted no passing drive the ball to the hole offense. I still believe that IU basketball should be disciplined hard nose ball with juniors and seniors leading the way. That will not happen with the program running off players and recruiting guys that will only play one or two years. We need to get back to Indiana basketball.

You can continue to believe that Cal is somehow this great leader of men that gets all of these great players to somehow move in the same direction and is a better basketball coach than ours.

I will continue to believe that he is in no way a great leader of men and while he has gotten it right sometimes, he has also led groups of very talented basketball players straight into dismal seasons.