Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

1 hour ago, iufaninillinois said:

Well he was able to win at Iowa, unlike Alford.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Always loved how he was always referred to as Dr. Tom Davis.  I know it was legit it was just always so strange to hear a bball coach referred to as Dr.

I don't understand the problem with you anti Alford people. 
Worst case scenario: he wins the national championship and you have to admit you were wrong, but have a national championship. 
Best case: he fails miserably and you get to gloat. 

Sounds like a win/win to me. 

Meanwhile we slip further into mediocrity

No way Glass or IU settle for Mack or Collins or Fife...it's funny ppl think that. It will be BD, Alford, Bennett, or Sean Miller. Crazy, right? Well...I think Glass is going to offer 6-7mil a year and one of those guys will be our next coach. That's my prediction. 

22 minutes ago, Buck Naked said:

Best case: he fails miserably and you get to gloat. 

The problem with hiring Alford is no matter how bad he could end up being, you'll never be able to get rid of him without going throught the same furor that accompanied RMK's firing.  It will be deja vu all over again as Yogi Berra supposedly said.

And I'm not saying you're wrong but usually they're the ones you got to watch out for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't know if he is an insider or not. I just couldn't see how only being a member of a board for 2 weeks doesn't make him one.
For the record, I take it everything I read in regards to these rumors, regardless of who it is about,with a grain of salt.

But this Fred is connected with Donavan directly...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

To be fair if Donovan was smart he wouldn't tell his friend anything about what he is thinking on this and if he told him anything it would be he isnt interested i would imagine. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

The hire should be: Fife

It will be: Alford

Glass boxed himself into a corner with the "huge hire" bravado garbage.  He's unfit in his role.  

Edited by A2McGowan

But his family, which is this situation...

Sounds like the perfect thing for he and his family to say when asked as he is currently employed. But could also be the truth.