Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
jmsgws

Coach Wilson on BigTen Media Day

Question is about letting games slip away.

Wilson:  I don't think we are giving games away.  ????????   He says I think it is more about belief, the more you believe the more you win.  I think our team realizes that if we play hard we have the chance to win, and we have the chance to make the one more score to win a close game.

Q:  What has to change on the defensive side?

A:  We have created a standard on the offense that we haven't established on the other.  (That is true.)   I thinks we have the staff now to create the same culture on defense that we have on offense.

11 minutes ago, jmsgws said:

Question is about letting games slip away.

Wilson:  I don't think we are giving games away.  ????????   He says I think it is more about belief, the more you believe the more you win.  I think our team realizes that if we play hard we have the chance to win, and we have the chance to make the one more score to win a close game.

Ehh that's just coachspeak. We gave games away, we all know it. But he doesn't want to dwell on that, and is preaching mental toughness. I think all these games being given away will decrease this season.