Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Dillingham and Edey are the best of that group. I don't understand how anyone told Furphy, McCain, George, Filipikowski, Missi or Collier that leaving college was a good idea.

I feel like eveyone you named is projected to be a mid-late 1st rounder. Next year's draft is deeper and they could get buried if they risk coming back. 

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The second wave of 2024 NBA draft green room invites: • Rob Dillingham • Nikola Topic • Jared McCain • Johnny Furphy • Kyshawn George • Kyle Filipowski • Isaiah Collier • Yves Missi • Zach Edey (invitation declined)

Teams in the mid to late lottery that pass on Collier will regret it. His vision and processing will play miles better with better players and once he dials back some of the aggression, and he will, that kid will be a 10-year starter. 

7 hours ago, BtownStrength said:

I feel like eveyone you named is projected to be a mid-late 1st rounder. Next year's draft is deeper and they could get buried if they risk coming back. 

So you feel being outta the league or just sitting at the end of a bench is worth it?

5 hours ago, Demo said:

Teams in the mid to late lottery that pass on Collier will regret it. His vision and processing will play miles better with better players and once he dials back some of the aggression, and he will, that kid will be a 10-year starter. 

I mean... He just isn't that good. People thought he would be a Top 5 draft talent and it just wasn't the case. He was a 2 and done type of player.

14 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

So you feel being outta the league or just sitting at the end of a bench is worth it?

Certainly it's situational. If they are 1st rounders they won't be "out of the league". End of the bench they can still develop but the lack of playing time does hurt. This is where G league time can come in but again considered vs college pt. I'm sure all these guys have weighed the pros and cons of their NIL deals and playing time opportunities. General consensus is that mid 1st round projection should probably make the leap. I take it you disagree on some of these?

11 hours ago, BtownStrength said:

Certainly it's situational. If they are 1st rounders they won't be "out of the league". End of the bench they can still develop but the lack of playing time does hurt. This is where G league time can come in but again considered vs college pt. I'm sure all these guys have weighed the pros and cons of their NIL deals and playing time opportunities. General consensus is that mid 1st round projection should probably make the leap. I take it you disagree on some of these?

I don't think any of them have honestly weighed the pros and cons. I don't think the majority of guys think about it. For a guy like Collier, the thought is "I was expected to be a 1 and done and the #1 pick, so I have to go." He isn't ready. He's a goodwill Scoot Henderson. Or a guy like Filipikowski. He's Mike Muscala 2.0.

35 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I don't think any of them have honestly weighed the pros and cons. I don't think the majority of guys think about it. For a guy like Collier, the thought is "I was expected to be a 1 and done and the #1 pick, so I have to go." He isn't ready. He's a goodwill Scoot Henderson. Or a guy like Filipikowski. He's Mike Muscala 2.0.

I can definitely agree that Collier expected to be 1 and done and was going to stick to the plan regardless. But Filipowski already passed on the draft last year, he came back and his stock stayed mostly the same, maybe slightly higher. No sense for him to stay at Duke. If you think his ceiling is low why should he not make the money. 

Btw Muscala has played for 11 years and has a career earning over 24 mil. Not a bad life. 

54 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

I can definitely agree that Collier expected to be 1 and done and was going to stick to the plan regardless. But Filipowski already passed on the draft last year, he came back and his stock stayed mostly the same, maybe slightly higher. No sense for him to stay at Duke. If you think his ceiling is low why should he not make the money. 

Btw Muscala has played for 11 years and has a career earning over 24 mil. Not a bad life. 

Even more sense to stay at Duke. Actually build a freaking legacy for yourself rather than being forgotten. That's mindset is just absolutely ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Even more sense to stay at Duke. Actually build a freaking legacy for yourself rather than being forgotten. That's mindset is just absolutely ridiculous.

Which mindset is ridiculous?

3 hours ago, BtownStrength said:

Which mindset is ridiculous?

He "well my draft stock can't go higher, might as well leave." It makes no sense. For a kid like Collier, it actually could go higher by just having your team actually win games and putting up the same numbers. For Filipikowski, you will always be mid first round, so why not create a legacy while still getting paid big bucks instead of sitting on the bench or in the GLeague?

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

He "well my draft stock can't go higher, might as well leave." It makes no sense. For a kid like Collier, it actually could go higher by just having your team actually win games and putting up the same numbers. For Filipikowski, you will always be mid first round, so why not create a legacy while still getting paid big bucks instead of sitting on the bench or in the GLeague?

Agree on Collier. He can refine some things and go higher but I doubt it hurts his development to leave now. For Filipowski, yes a 4 year legacy would lead him to be endeared by Duke fans more so than a 2 year stay. But not every player values that the same way. So to say its ridiculpus when we dont know what a specific player values is a little presumptuous. 

5 hours ago, BtownStrength said:

Agree on Collier. He can refine some things and go higher but I doubt it hurts his development to leave now. For Filipowski, yes a 4 year legacy would lead him to be endeared by Duke fans more so than a 2 year stay. But not every player values that the same way. So to say its ridiculpus when we dont know what a specific player values is a little presumptuous. 

Sounds like he values a front row seat.