Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

(2018) PG Robert Phinisee to Cincinnati

McCutcheon defeated Lafayette Harrison but this tweet:  Robert Phinisee sat last week for McC vs. N. Montgomery. Started, played about one minute tonight. Left and hasn't returned.

Don't know what this is all about; maybe can learn more tomorrow.

The Lafayette newspaper write-up of last night's game didn't contain anything more than what's in my previous post about Phinisee.  Must be a fairly serious injury that he could only go for a minute before being taken out of the game.

Re-read still earlier posts and did see that he suffered a thigh bruise in his game against Kokomo on the 10th; must be lingering.

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart

Phinisee missed another game today due to an injury.

McCutcheon is participating in the Marion Classic and we have further info on Phinisee's injury.

Phinisee, a 6-1 junior point guard with offers from Butler, Indiana, Purdue and Virginia, took a knee to his upper right leg early in the season and injured it again in a win over Kokomo on Dec. 9. Phinisee had his leg drained on Wednesday and said he hopes to be back for next week’s home game against Tech.  “It’s probably 60 (percent),” he said. “It didn’t feel that good (Wednesday) but it’s getting better.”

McCutcheon defeated Indpls. Tech 72-57.  Phinsee with 12 pts. in limited action.

"Phinisee, who is still playing at less that full strength, didn't enter the game until midway through the first quarter and remained limited throughout the game. He scored five points in the first half, followed by seven in the second."

McCutcheon defeats Lafayette Central Cathollic 76-61. Phinisee with 27 pts. He scored 9 of his 27 in the first 2 min. of the 3rd Q.

He also had 6 rebounds.  Post-game write-up:   "Phinisee showed his speed,  ability to get to the rim and finish that McCutcheon was accustomed to prior to his injury suffered in a game at Kokomo on Dec. 9."

Added rebound info

This is a kid we need to get.  There are no if's, and's, or but's about it.  Crean needs to succeed with the best local players, or this program will flounder.  I don't at all mean to be negative or beat a dead horse, but I firmly believe Indiana needs a local flavor to succeed as a program.  Lots of reasons for that, and I am 100% convinced.

Just now, Old Friend said:

This is a kid we need to get.  There are no if's, and's, or but's about it.  Crean needs to succeed with the best local players, or this program will flounder.  I don't at all mean to be negative or beat a dead horse, but I firmly believe Indiana needs a local flavor to succeed as a program.  Lots of reasons for that, and I am 100% convinced.

And, because he is a very heady player that fills the true-qb point guard that we so desperately need. 

36 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Exactly. . I say this all the time!

McCutcheon with a bounce back win tonight against Zionsville 54-45.  Phinisee with 8 pts, 4 rebs, 8 assts, 3 stls.

In reply to Cletus20:  While I've seen Phinisee play multiple games, I never saw Yogi play in high school so I can't answer your question.