Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) LHP Nick Eaton to IU

I feel really sorry for future opposing hitters in the coming years.  it's stupid how many high quality arms we're bringing in coupled with bunn's training prowess.  just hope they all make it here.

eaton's teammate at cathedral ashe russell, ranked #5 overall in the class -- not for pitchers, not for indiana... for 2015 -- committed to texas a&m a couple weeks ago.  I wouldn't count on him pitching in college as he's expected to be a first round, maybe top half of first round pick.  dude's gonna get paid real soon.

Indpls. Cathedral defeated Penn 4-3 in 8 winnings for the 4A championship with IU recruit Nick Eaton going the distance for Cathedral who went undefeated on the season.  

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/06/18/how-160-hitter-clinched-cathedrals-29-0-baseball-season/389607001/

“It’s kind of been any given guy on any given day,” said first-year coach Ed Freije, a 1999 Cathedral graduate and longtime assistant. “That’s what’s been special about this group. Anytime we have Nick on the mound, we know we have a chance. (He’s) been about as dialed-in a player as I’ve seen in my coaching years from start to finish. He was out to win a state championship.”

Eaton (11-0), an Indiana recruit, went the distance, scattering six hits over eight innings with seven strikeouts. The senior was at the 2013 state championship game as an eighth-grader when the then-undefeated Irish lost 1-0. He wanted to make sure that didn’t happen again.

He's good.  Was at the game, and he was rock solid after the first 2 batters.....  he was clearly nervous.  First pitch of the game was hit for a triple off the wall, and he hit the next kid.  After that, just a couple of hits, and I'm not sure a ball was hit that hard for the next 6 innings.