Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

Jim Irsay arrested for OWI/Possession

I'm pretty sure it was prescription meds more so than drinking but who knows. He looked old man pathetic in the video. Not like a billionaire mogul, that's for certain.

oh I thought they just found a bunch of prescription meds in his car, I didn't know he was actually on them. 

just read an article saying there was no alcohol involved, just a ton of oxycontin. equally disappointing, if not more honestly. 

but I agree, completely pathetic.

Jim needs help. What you may not know is that Jim is one of the most involved owners in all of sports. He's among the ranks of Jerry Jones and Mark Cuban but because we are a small market he's not on ESPN every 5 days. He loves this city and got us a Superbowl and a got us to host one. There is no bigger Colts fan than Jim. Drug and alcohol abuse are serious issues that on the outside looking in seem so simple. "Why can't he just stop, he's so rich!" Addiction affects everyone from every socioeconomic status, every race, every age. It's ugly and the only way out is support. I would hope anyone would give a family member the same kinds of support. This can be a lesson for every player on that team. 

Jim needs help. What you may not know is that Jim is one of the most involved owners in all of sports. He's among the ranks of Jerry Jones and Mark Cuban but because we are a small market he's not on ESPN every 5 days. He loves this city and got us a Superbowl and a got us to host one. There is no bigger Colts fan than Jim. Drug and alcohol abuse are serious issues that on the outside looking in seem so simple. "Why can't he just stop, he's so rich!" Addiction affects everyone from every socioeconomic status, every race, every age. It's ugly and the only way out is support. I would hope anyone would give a family member the same kinds of support. This can be a lesson for every player on that team.

I agree 100%. I work in the A/D treatment field. Today my clients will range from homeless to highly functional and successful. To be honest it is easier to work with someone that has nothing than someone who has yet to bottom out.