Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Hoosierfan2223

Best PG in the conference?

Best point guard in the Big Ten  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your choice

• Yogi Ferrell
    • Keith Appling
    • Aaron Craft
    • Other

Here are the stats of the top 3 point guards in the B1G in nearly everyone's mind (Keith Appling, Aaron Craft, and our own Yogi)

Appling- 16.4 ppg 3.5 rpg 4.6 apg 50% shooting 

Craft- 9.1 ppg 3.4 rpg 5.1 apg 47% shooting 

Ferrell- 17.9 ppg 3.0 rpg 4.2 apg 44% shooting 

Now I know Craft is a beast on defense, and the best defensive player in the conference most likely, which doesn't show up in the stat sheet, which is his best attribute. As you can see with Keith Appling, he is a very talented scorer and passer, as well as being very efficient with his shots. Ferrell is averaging the most points per game of any PG in the conference, with the worst supporting cast of the the three listed. My question to you guys is, who is the best point guard in the conference in your opinion? 

Keith Appling is the only B1G PG I'd take over Yogi because he's a senior and all his numbers are up.

I'd say Appling is the best, with Yogi second. I'm one of the few that is just not a fan of Aaron Craft.

He's a good defender, good leader but doesn't give a lot on the offensive end. The only thing stopping Craft's team is lack of offense and he's part of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Keith Appling is the only B1G PG I'd take over Yogi because he's a senior and all his numbers are up.

I'd say Appling is the best, with Yogi second. I'm one of the few that is just not a fan of Aaron Craft.

He's a good defender, good leader but doesn't give a lot on the offensive end. The only thing stopping Craft's team is lack of offense and he's part of the problem.

I voted for Yogi, but i can't argue with anyone choosing Appling, he and Harris make the best back court in the country imo. I am also not a big fan of Aaron Craft. I understand the guy is great on offense and is pretty good at getting shots for his teammates (5.1 apg), but the guy can't get a bucket when you need one like Yogi or Appling could do

I'd take Craft with a toss-up between Yogi and Appling for 2nd. Craft doesn't score very well, but like you said in the OP, it's the things that don't show up on the statline. Leadership and hustle on a level I've rarely seen. I'd start a basketball team with him any day.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I can't stand Craft, and watching his sister play against our lady Hoosiers I quickly realized she ticks me off just as much as he does.

He's part of the reason I liked the rule changes, if he was called for fouls he'd be out after 5 minutes.  Of course, I figured he'd still get away with it because of his reputation.

I'd take Appling first, senior leadership and his number are better for the most part.  Yogi is scoring more, but I don't really care about scoring from a point guard.

Appling first, Yogi second, and hit Craft in the face with a friggin' shovel.  Wait, I think someone already did that.

Applying first hands down guys a pure leader, but I can say I have loved Yogi so far this year. Some questionable shots so far this year most definitely, but he hits big shots and isn't to shabby on the defensive end.