Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Str8Hoosiers

Court Rushing Etiquette

You sound like my roommate from my freshman year, lol. He literally despised everyone. Then again, he was pretty freaking weird and I suspect you are just venting.

<br /><br />Yep. Pretty frustrated with pretty much everyone at the game. Had to leave at halftime. For a very good reason. <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

[quote name="djsalway" post="30307" timestamp="1389882659"]

Yep. Pretty frustrated with pretty much everyone at the game. Had to leave at halftime. For a very good reason.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote]

Here's my take and I do agree with you. On campus I've struck some convos with people including friends about the team and this was around the start of the season. There are students who just don't care about this years team because they aren't last years. At some of the games I have had people ask me who's this number or who's that. That's why the student section numbers have been low at some of the games. I just don't understand it. One person on campus said they haven't even paid attention to this years team because they suck anyway. I'm not trying to piss anyone off so please don't get angry with me. Some of these kids only show up for the major games.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

<br /><br />Yep. Pretty frustrated with pretty much everyone at the game. Had to leave at halftime. For a very good reason. <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Probably because you were the only sober one?

Here's my take and I do agree with you. On campus I've struck some convos with people including friends about the team and this was around the start of the season. There are students who just don't care about this years team because they aren't last years. At some of the games I have had people ask me who's this number or who's that. That's why the student section numbers have been low at some of the games. I just don't understand it. One person on campus said they haven't even paid attention to this years team because they suck anyway. I'm not trying to piss anyone off so please don't get angry with me. Some of these kids only show up for the major games.

Exactly. Well said. They don't know about, or don't care about this year's team. 95% of them go to the game and still have no idea what is going on because they know nothing about basketball. It's just the "cool" thing to do. I can't stand when students go to the game and don't even pay attention either, which took place a lot in the first half (I'm sure everyone was naturally more engaged down the stretch in the second). I just have a problem with our students and their connection to the basketball team because they aren't nearly as loyal as last year's students just because we "aren't as good."

[quote name="djsalway" post="30311" timestamp="1389883471"]Exactly. Well said. They don't know about, or don't care about this year's team. 95% of them go to the game and still have no idea what is going on because they know nothing about basketball. It's just the "cool" thing to do. I can't stand when students go to the game and don't even pay attention either, which took place a lot in the first half (I'm sure everyone was naturally more engaged down the stretch in the second). I just have a problem with our students and their connection to the basketball team because they aren't nearly as loyal as last year's students just because we "aren't as good."[/quote]

That's why I think crean had to send out that motivational video for the fans. He notices it and so do the players. Hell for all the non conference games there were plenty of open seats and balconies were nearly empty.

[quote name="NOLA Hoosier" post="30315" timestamp="1389884646"]I'll take a team whose fans rush the court over a team whose coach ruins the opposing team's celebration of a hard-fought win because he refuses to concede a millisecond ANY DAY.[/quote]

Are you talking about coach k? I do believe he is a huge baby when it comes to that stuff. Sometimes I think he gets to full of himself and places himself and Duke on a pedestal. Probably the only thing I can complain about him.

[quote name="BlueDevil2aHoosier" post="30316" timestamp="1389885524"]Are you talking about coach k? I do believe he is a huge baby when it comes to that stuff. Sometimes I think he gets to full of himself and places himself and Duke on a pedestal. Probably the only thing I can complain about him. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote] I'd be more than happy to take him off dukes hands. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

[quote name="dalton26" post="30319" timestamp="1389886232"]I'd be more than happy to take him off dukes hands. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote]

Haha noooo way. I love coach k just don't like when he cries about being stormed.

[quote name="NOLA Hoosier" post="30327" timestamp="1389890238"]Actually I was talking about Calipari's loss to Arkansas following the IU-Wisc game. But Coach K works too.[/quote]

Damn I didn't watch that game only saw the put back dunk what a puss. His one and done system sure is working.

You know, I hate to agree with with SEC on pretty much anything but I'd be in full support of this.

Rushing happens so much now that it doesn't mean anything when it does.  It's just a bunch of fans thinking it'd be cool and wanting attention/to get on TV.  They don't need to rush the court to have fun or celebrate the win, it really serves no purpose.

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="30336" timestamp="1389893596"]You know, I hate to agree with with SEC on pretty much anything but I'd be in full support of [url="http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/2004-12-15-notes-sec-fines_x.htm"]this[/url].

Rushing happens so much now that it doesn't mean anything when it does. It's just a bunch of fans thinking it'd be cool and wanting attention/to get on TV. They don't need to rush the court to have fun or celebrate the win, it really serves no purpose.[/quote]

There were Arkansas fans dogging IU after their win saying oh we won and didn't storm the court like IU did blah blah blah. They didn't storm cuz they couldn't.

Who cares if they storm the court. As long as no one is getting hurt, let the kids have fun. Who cares if all the students aren't dialed into the team this year. Let them come and have fun. They are providing a tough environment for our opponents to play in. They are having a good time. Don't think that recruits don't notice this. Kids want to be a part of something special. I think they see the support the team gets and that helps recruiting. Who cares what Arkansas fans or any other fan base thinks. Let them do it their way and we will do it ours.<br /><br />Sent from my LG-E980 using BtownBanners mobile app<br /><br />