Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Deer / Animal Hunters

Well the WI gun season was not treating me very well.  Sitting all day, Saturday I didn't see a deer.  Sat all day Sunday, and finally about 45 minutes before dark, a really nice doe decided to walk in range.  Got more venison in the freezer, now.  Get three more days hunting in Lawrence County, Indiana over Thanksgiving, and then back to bow hunting until the new year!

Holy cow that was a nice buck! great job. send me some venison!!! That's what i miss about the lower 48. I geat all the moose, caribou, halibut, salmon i want but always wish i had some deer meat. Venison tastes awesome.

Ate mine last night. Dad knows how to cook the steaks perfectly. Good stuff.

Lol, friend of mine operates a hunting and fishing supply store where I can be found hanging out at least one night a week. I was out there Sat night between the games, they had a pic up of a regular who had harvested a 20 point, 210 pound buck. Massive! Even though telephone and online checks have really killed traffic in there during the season, there are still some interesting sights. I went out and weighed a couple of hogs for a couple of hunters who hadn't seen a deer, but when the hogs came by, they tagged a couple. First ones I had seen up close. Also went out and took a 17 year old girls picture with her first deer. She had leaned into the shot too much and got the scope right at the top of the nose. Blood all over her nose, head aching, and it couldn't kill the grin on her face. I used to work opening weekend out there, back when they would check in 250 or more deer that weekend. A lot of work, a lot of fun, and some very interesting sights! 

Jeesh you guys start early. Bow?

Yes.  Bow starts tomorrow.  Youth Gun Hunt Oct 10.  Regular Gun the weekend before Thanksgiving, and then Bow Season ends the first weekend in January! 

The long season, is the main reason I started Bow Hunting!  More excuses to get out of the house, and more time with the kids; as they hunt too.

Yes. Bow starts tomorrow. Youth Gun Hunt Oct 10. Regular Gun the weekend before Thanksgiving, and then Bow Season ends the first weekend in January!

The long season, is the main reason I started Bow Hunting! More excuses to get out of the house, and more time with the kids; as they hunt too.

I think our gun seasons start around the same time. Pretty sure bow starts the first or second week of October?

Basically it could start in October here as well.  It is usually so hot when it starts, that we barely even see any deer.  In the last 9 years, I think my hunting group has only gotten 1 or 2 deer before October. 

Kokomo. But I hunt up in Fulton County also. Have never even seen a pheasant, their population (as well as the bobwhite) greatly declined as farmers have taken out fencerows, as well as some bad winters.

ya you are spot on.....a place in huntington, indiana has a put and take..............also a friend of mine has a connection with a guy that has em and he puts em out himself at certain spots in indiana and hunts em that way....

my grandfather told me stories of when he was younger that they used to be everywhere here and you didnt even need a dog just walk out to the field and snag a few easily lol