Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Lebowski

EA Sports College Football 25

At this point, I'm not real in love with the game.  I am a solo player -- don't play online.  Have the settings on All-American level but regardless of how I put my sliders:

1.  The CPU's DBs pick off any pass that is near them.

2.  Defensively, it has been pretty impossible to stop the opposing team's passing game.

I've read that if you stick to 'coach suggested plays' on defense, it significantly improves your defense so I'll have to try that.  

The run game feels fine, but the passing game just seems broken.  Kick returns.....almost never go anywhere but I have actually returned two kicks for TDs as IU nine games into the season (one for 106 yards).

6 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Was this on the default varsity settings, sliders all at 50?  My issue is that once you move it to all-american the difference is vast.

I play on Heisman. No issue putting up points.  

Use IUs playbook? 

6 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

At this point, I'm not real in love with the game.  I am a solo player -- don't play online.  Have the settings on All-American level but regardless of how I put my sliders:

1.  The CPU's DBs pick off any pass that is near them.

2.  Defensively, it has been pretty impossible to stop the opposing team's passing game.

I've read that if you stick to 'coach suggested plays' on defense, it significantly improves your defense so I'll have to try that.  

The run game feels fine, but the passing game just seems broken.  Kick returns.....almost never go anywhere but I have actually returned two kicks for TDs as IU nine games into the season (one for 106 yards).

The bold confuses me. 

Defense is tough, for sure. The new patch helps some things.  

8 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Was this on the default varsity settings, sliders all at 50?  My issue is that once you move it to all-american the difference is vast.

Nah, this I played easy since it was the 1st time I played a football game in 10 years. They do need an extra couple levels; one between freshman and varsity and another between varsity and all-american. There's only 4 main levels so the difference between each is significant and not incremental as you've brought up.

12 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

Nah, this I played easy since it was the 1st time I played a football game in 10 years. They do need an extra couple levels; one between freshman and varsity and another between varsity and all-american. There's only 4 main levels so the difference between each is significant and not incremental as you've brought up.

I played on the default varsity level and was winning each time with IU so I bumped it to all American and have played with the sliders.  Getting killed now

The game is fun because we’re finally able to play college football again, but once you get past that it has a TON of issues. They had so much time to put this together and did a really bad job with it. Better than nothing but still disappointing. 

10 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The game is fun because we’re finally able to play college football again, but once you get past that it has a TON of issues. They had so much time to put this together and did a really bad job with it. Better than nothing but still disappointing. 

What are the issues? 

56 minutes ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

What are the issues? 

The sim machine is awful. Games are 50/50 regardless of the disparity between the teams’ ratings.

Dynasty is bare bones. No way to go back and look up prior heisman winners, etc. The heisman leaderboard doesn’t show their season stats. 

The rankings make little sense. You’ll have 3 or 4 loss teams ranked above 

Bugs with recruiting. Before the recent patch you often couldn’t schedule visits with recruits despite being in their top 5  

No dynamic lighting. A 4:00pm November game stays light the entire game. Not a big deal but would be cool. 

The commentary is atrocious and often doesn’t match with what’s happening in the game. 

No pregame shows. Even the old games had that  

Visually it looks great and I have few complaints about the game play, but it’s very bare bones. Was expecting a more immersive experience with how long they had to create the game, but can’t expect too much from EA Sports I guess. 

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The sim machine is awful. Games are 50/50 regardless of the disparity between the teams’ ratings.

Dynasty is bare bones. No way to go back and look up prior heisman winners, etc. The heisman leaderboard doesn’t show their season stats. 

Bugs with recruiting. Before the recent patch you often couldn’t schedule visits with recruits despite being in their top 5  

No dynamic lighting. A 4:00pm November game stays light the entire game. Not a big deal but would be cool. 

The commentary is atrocious and often doesn’t match with what’s happening in the game. 

Visually it looks great and I have few complaints about the game play, but it’s very bare bones. Was expecting a more immersive experience with how long they had to create the game, but can’t expect too much from EA Sports I guess. 

MUT ruined everything

On 8/11/2024 at 3:11 PM, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Finding a realistic play level in solo play is ridiculous.  CPU defensive backs have glue all over their body.  CPU quarterbacks all have Tom Brady accuracy.  Kick return game for me has resulted in three kick returns for touchdowns and a gaggle.

Just finished playing a solo game of IU against Ohio State.  I'm on All-American settings with some suggested sliders I saw online.  Literally any 50/50 ball that you throw as an offense WILL be intercepted.  I had a high time of possession because of the huge number of turnovers I had.  I ended up 28 of 51 passing for 293 yards.  That part I don't think is out of line -- just under 6 yards per pass I can accept as realistic against the Buckeyes.  But of my 23 incompletions:

6 of the passes were off line, thrown away, or not touched by anyone.

10 of the passes were touched by an Ohio State defender -- and they intercepted eight of those ten.

7 were dropped by my receivers.

CPU defensive backs are God like receivers while your receivers suck.

On 8/11/2024 at 4:11 PM, Hoosierfan2017 said:

A lot of missing data and pics. It’ll show a headless player between plays (during the stats sequence) or hometown and names are missing. It’s usually on the screen for a few short seconds but it bugs me. Lol

Still a fun game. 

On 8/18/2024 at 10:23 AM, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

I don't have an issue with the computer defense. 

What settings are you on?  On varsity I can easily beat the CPU defense.  On all-American, interceptions galore.

nevermind, I see you are on Heisman.  I would be happy simply finding a setting that worked for me to get realistic results.  Given the number of sliders, it should exist but I’m not finding it.  

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

What settings are you on?  On varsity I can easily beat the CPU defense.  On all-American, interceptions galore.

nevermind, I see you are on Heisman.  I would be happy simply finding a setting that worked for me to get realistic results.  Given the number of sliders, it should exist but I’m not finding it.  

I throw some pics. Some is my own doing. 

The wear and tear feature could use a little fine tuning. My QB will be like -15 throw power sometimes lol 

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Run some rpo and stuff? Jet Sweep? Find a playbook you like? 

On 8/19/2024 at 5:50 PM, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

Run some rpo and stuff? Jet Sweep? Find a playbook you like? 

It’s not the plays I’m having an issue with.  I can accept that I’m not the best joystick jockey either.  What’s unacceptable to me is the cheese the CPU has where any pass hitting a defensive player is picked off.  I shouldn’t have to be a great player and be only throwing passes to clearly open receivers in order to be penalized to the extent that I am.