Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

2024 PF Asa Newell to Georgia

Rob Cassidy - 

Asked which teams are most involved in his recruitment, five-star wing Asa Newell names Georgia, Florida and Indiana.

He then tosses in a wild card.  “I know for sure I want to go visit Texas and go see that,” Newell said. “But that’s the only one. I’m not going to worry about visits until after the season.”

Despite the Longhorns not having a long-term coach in place, UT seems to be hanging around the periphery of the Montverde Academy star’s recruitment. Texas certainly isn't the frontrunner, but interim head coach Rodney Perry’s pitch seems to be enough to keep the program on the mind of the in-demand wing.

“(Texas assistant) coach Brandon (Chappell) tells me they still want me 100%, and it’s not really going to matter if it’s that staff or a new staff, because Texas is going to want me regardless,” Newell said.

31 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Rob Cassidy - 

Asked which teams are most involved in his recruitment, five-star wing Asa Newell names Georgia, Florida and Indiana.

He then tosses in a wild card.  “I know for sure I want to go visit Texas and go see that,” Newell said. “But that’s the only one. I’m not going to worry about visits until after the season.”

Despite the Longhorns not having a long-term coach in place, UT seems to be hanging around the periphery of the Montverde Academy star’s recruitment. Texas certainly isn't the frontrunner, but interim head coach Rodney Perry’s pitch seems to be enough to keep the program on the mind of the in-demand wing.

“(Texas assistant) coach Brandon (Chappell) tells me they still want me 100%, and it’s not really going to matter if it’s that staff or a new staff, because Texas is going to want me regardless,” Newell said.

I know Asa is a 5 star, but that is a fairly bold statement by the assistant!

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/ranking-the-contenders-asa-newell?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAItLCLMpIImdmCCCFmMGF0YBpATMxWd4VYebjPwUyMqerlT_fM2WYuScY80T55wc-7VQerPSDfyQP0aNZKbNZ1MsIrgBfPuJ9_CU0VbrGWbix23qkQR21CG0P4oAET1lcLgqSvjtUp7cTtoDDbooO2uqzVqq4IdmOg41L-_Vdbu-
Cassidy update on Newell’s recruitment. From everything that’s out there this seems correct.

Side note: It says here that he was on campus last weekend. Is that true and I missed it or am I just brain cramping?

7 minutes ago, Demo said:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/ranking-the-contenders-asa-newell?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAItLCLMpIImdmCCCFmMGF0YBpATMxWd4VYebjPwUyMqerlT_fM2WYuScY80T55wc-7VQerPSDfyQP0aNZKbNZ1MsIrgBfPuJ9_CU0VbrGWbix23qkQR21CG0P4oAET1lcLgqSvjtUp7cTtoDDbooO2uqzVqq4IdmOg41L-_Vdbu-
Cassidy update on Newell’s recruitment. From everything that’s out there this seems correct.

Side note: It says here that he was on campus last weekend. Is that true and I missed it or am I just brain cramping?

The only unofficial im aware of was one over the summer