Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Indiana HS Football 2022

New Prairie dominated my Hobart Brickies 49-28 (game wasn't that close....was 49-14 at half) in the 4A sectional 17 final.  Considering Hobart had held #1 5A Merrillville (at the time) to 17 points earlier in the year, the offensive performance by New Prairie was amazing.

NP should easily roll to semi-state....they would have been paired up Northwood who looked to be undefeated heading into regional but Northwood had a number of players suspended prior to the second sectional game (drugs/alochol, not for certain) including their starting quarterback.  Northwood made it to the sectional  18 sectional final to play a Northridge team they had beaten earlier in the year 42-7....but Northridge beat the depleted Northwood team 34-17 to win the sectional.  

State title is still New Palestine's to lose. 

7 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Two southeastern Indiana schools from the same conference,East Central and Lawrenceburg, playing for state titles. EC in 4A and Lawrenceburg in 3A. Wonder how many times that has happened?

Years and years and years ago, when I was in high school --, my alma mater, Hobart, played for the 4A title, and Valpo played for the 5A title. Both were in Duneland Conference.

Hobart beat Valpo during the regular season. Both lost their championship games. 

I'm guessing there are more such intances. 

6 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

East Central 37-7 over New Prairie in 4A

Best team in 4A last year, as well. They lost their best player to a knee in the sectional championship last year. 

My Adams Central Jets lost to Indy Lutheran today 30-13.  Hard to compete with schools that recruit! 

The IHSAA didn't kick any ticket sales back to the schools this year!  Bad on them!  I thought this was all about the kids?

19 hours ago, btownqb said:

Best team in 4A last year, as well. They lost their best player to a knee in the sectional championship last year. 

East Central was amazing this year, kicked my Tigers in the Regional. They should repeat as Champions next year