Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Indiana HS Football 2022

On 9/12/2022 at 7:43 AM, HoosierCoop said:

My Norwell Knights are rolling in 3A (currently #6 right now).

Hopefully they can make some post season noise this year.

Up to #4 now, but honestly they are better than that.  Sagarin has them as the top rated 3A team.  They absolutely destroyed East Noble, and while East Noble is down a little bit, they've had a very nice run in 4A.

On 10/1/2022 at 2:00 PM, RaceToTheTop said:

Up to #4 now, but honestly they are better than that.  Sagarin has them as the top rated 3A team.  They absolutely destroyed East Noble, and while East Noble is down a little bit, they've had a very nice run in 4A.

I think the coaches aren't ranking them any higher at this point because some of them may doubt that Norwell could beat a team from Indy. They hosted Brebeuf in regionals last year and were down 38-3 at the half. Brebeuf had beaten West Lafayette by 10 in the sectional, then beat Mishawaka Marian by 1 point a week later before losing to Gibson Southern. 

I find Sagarin pretty useful for basketball, not so much for football. Carroll dropped 4 spots this week after beating 6A Homestead 52-10. They dropped 34 spots the week before after a 58-6 win over FW South Side. 

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

I think the coaches aren't ranking them any higher at this point because some of them may doubt that Norwell could beat a team from Indy. They hosted Brebeuf in regionals last year and were down 38-3 at the half. Brebeuf had beaten West Lafayette by 10 in the sectional, then beat Mishawaka Marian by 1 point a week later before losing to Gibson Southern. 

I find Sagarin pretty useful for basketball, not so much for football. Carroll dropped 4 spots this week after beating 6A Homestead 52-10. They dropped 34 spots the week before after a 58-6 win over FW South Side. 

The problem with computer ratings and the Summit Athletic Conference is they don’t play nonconference games (until next season) so they’re not connected to the rest of the teams in the state.  While Sagarin puts in an artificial factor based on past seasons, that factor seems to change from week to week for whatever reason.  But it’s really just a pretty meaningless educated guess until the playoff start and they play some out of conference games.

On 9/12/2022 at 8:43 AM, HoosierCoop said:

My Norwell Knights are rolling in 3A (currently #6 right now).

Hopefully they can make some post season noise this year.

Where are Norwell's strengths?   Weaknesses?   Will you have anything for Bishop Chatard in the semi state?    Sagarin shows Norwell's SOS @ 147 right now, Chatard's at 19.  

10 hours ago, Old Friend said:

Where are Norwell's strengths?   Weaknesses?   Will you have anything for Bishop Chatard in the semi state?    Sagarin shows Norwell's SOS @ 147 right now, Chatard's at 19.  

They can kill you with different options on offense.  We have 3 backs capable of breaking loose at any time.  The biggest surprise is our passing game.  Our slants are picking up major yards.

We start slow though.  A top tier team will not allow us to climb out easy.  I think Chatard definitely plays a better schedule.  Would be a great matchup.

Norwell is senior laiden.

2 hours ago, HoosierCoop said:

They can kill you with different options on offense.  We have 3 backs capable of breaking loose at any time.  The biggest surprise is our passing game.  Our slants are picking up major yards.

We start slow though.  A top tier team will not allow us to climb out easy.  I think Chatard definitely plays a better schedule.  Would be a great matchup.

Yeah, Norwell is the shocking storyline of the NE Indiana area.  They are legitimately really good.  Chatard and some of the other private school ilk are able to compete at a different level.   

On 10/3/2022 at 8:31 AM, HoosierCoop said:

I love that and good for Norwell.  Chatard has played an incredible schedule and ends the season with Cincinnati Elder.   If Norwell can throw it, they have a legit chance to win.  Chatard's DB's have struggled.  They (Chatard)  will be much better next season than they are now.  If that game is played and at your place, I think it'll be close.

On 10/3/2022 at 10:46 AM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, Norwell is the shocking storyline of the NE Indiana area.  They are legitimately really good.  Chatard and some of the other private school ilk are able to compete at a different level.   

That's fun.  I love when schools like Norwell get on a run.  Chatard is a dioscese school and doesn't recruit like Cathedral or Brebeuf.   Just a bunch of CYO kids who are well coached.  This team is very beatable.....but by 9 days from now will also have played 3 top 100 teams in the country (Cathedral, Christian Brothers, Elder).  If strength of schedule helps, they'll be a tough out.  Lost their tailback 3 weeks ago, though.

On 10/6/2022 at 12:03 AM, Old Friend said:

That's fun.  I love when schools like Norwell get on a run.  Chatard is a dioscese school and doesn't recruit like Cathedral or Brebeuf.   Just a bunch of CYO kids who are well coached.  This team is very beatable.....but by 9 days from now will also have played 3 top 100 teams in the country (Cathedral, Christian Brothers, Elder).  If strength of schedule helps, they'll be a tough out.  Lost their tailback 3 weeks ago, though.

Norwell had a costly fumble and lost by a point Friday night to 4A #10 Columbia City.

Columbia City was extremely well coached and had a good game plan.  They held possession just about the entire 3rd quarter.

Felt sorry for our Seniors.  Hopefully they come out with piss and vinegar for post season.

1 hour ago, HoosierCoop said:

Norwell had a costly fumble and lost by a point Friday night to 4A #10 Columbia City.

Columbia City was extremely well coached and had a good game plan.  They held possession just about the entire 3rd quarter.

Felt sorry for our Seniors.  Hopefully they come out with piss and vinegar for post season.

heck of a game.  Both teams beat Leo this year.  Seems likely they meet again?

On 10/17/2022 at 11:05 AM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

heck of a game.  Both teams beat Leo this year.  Seems likely they meet again?

Leo and Columbia City will be rocking this Friday!

That winner will have a really good chance at advancing deep.  I believe Ole MIss and Kokomo are beatable.