Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

The Golf Thread

18 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

How decent golfers make birdies @Josh 3' from the pin from ~65 yards out. Take that fart and put it back in your golf bag

IMG_4093.jpg

Yes, sinking a birdie from 1 yard is more impressive than sinking one from 114 yards.

Yeesh, somebody tell this guy how golf works

Started the year well....now not so much.  

And today I broke my driver (wasn't intentional).  Have no idea how it broke, must have had a crack in the shaft.  Went to pick my tee out of the ground, used my driver for balance....and club just totally cracked.  Only second club I've had break in fifty years of playing (my dad got me on the course very young).

I was using a Mizuno ST-X 230 driver.  Since Mizuno came out with a new line recently, the previous version really came down in price so didn't feel like investing in getting it reshafted when its resell value isn't that much more than it would take to reshaft.  Ended up buying a Cobra Aerojet for $280.  Will be trying it out tomorrow.

On 7/29/2024 at 10:10 PM, HoosierAloha said:

It took me about 6 weeks of playing to get my first round under par. Suck it @Josh

That took you 6 weeks?  Dude, I shot under 72 in just 10 holes.  Do better.

On 7/29/2024 at 9:10 PM, HoosierAloha said:

It took me about 6 weeks of playing to get my first round under par. Suck it @Josh

I've never been under par for 18.  Been under par for nine twice.  Best eighteen hole round has been 77 (a couple of times).

Meanwhile, my 78 year old father who leaves and breathes golf put up back to back 75s (one where he went 42-33).  I use to think I didn't need to get better at golf to beat him, just needed to wait until he got old.  That plan is out of the book.

Had my driver shaft snap about a month ago.   Not sure what happened, after I hit a drive bent down to pick up a tee and the shaft broke so must have been cracked.  Had been hitting a Mizuno ST-X 230 and decided to just switch to a new driver.  Hitting a Cobra Aerojet now.  Did buy a Calloway Paradym three wood earlier in the year and considered getting a Paradym driver but for my game the difference the Aerojet and Paradym is very slight so saved a few bucks.

14 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Had my driver shaft snap about a month ago.   Not sure what happened, after I hit a drive bent down to pick up a tee and the shaft broke so must have been cracked.  Had been hitting a Mizuno ST-X 230 and decided to just switch to a new driver.  Hitting a Cobra Aerojet now.  Did buy a Calloway Paradym three wood earlier in the year and considered getting a Paradym driver but for my game the difference the Aerojet and Paradym is very slight so saved a few bucks.

I bought the AI Smoke hybrids (3 and 4) and they're effing awesome.  I had the Paradym, but I just couldn't hit it so I replaced it with the Smokes and couldn't be happier.  I'd probably crush Aloha by 20 now

9 hours ago, Josh said:

I bought the AI Smoke hybrids (3 and 4) and they're effing awesome.  I had the Paradym, but I just couldn't hit it so I replaced it with the Smokes and couldn't be happier.  I'd probably crush Aloha by 20 now

Hit my Aerojet really well today.  Lowlight was having an eagle putt on a par five and three putting for par.  Ended up missing three three-footers and shot 86.

Some golf updates

holed out from ~120 yards for eagle, finished second in league, our team won the annual guy's golf trip and I earned MVP, shot mid 70s at Pinehurst twice on no. 2 and no. 4, and have shot under par a few times. I'm about to redo my entire golf bag to attempt to improve my game for next year.

6 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Some golf updates

holed out from ~120 yards for eagle, finished second in league, our team won the annual guy's golf trip and I earned MVP, shot mid 70s at Pinehurst twice on no. 2 and no. 4, and have shot under par a few times. I'm about to redo my entire golf bag to attempt to improve my game for next year.

Second place?  Meh.  First loser.

On the real, though, what clubs are you looking at?  I constantly tweak what I have.  Cobra Aerojet driver now (although that was a rushed pick after my Mizuno broke and didn't want to wait).  My bag is mostly Calloway (Mavrik Max irons, Paradym three wood) with the Cobra driver and putter.  Did by a used Titleist Vokey 54 degree for a good deal because previous owner had his initials engraved on it.....I could care less because it hits the same.