Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

IU Baseball VS Nebraska (N)- 3:10 PM ET BTN+

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Like I said. You don’t throw the ball if it won’t result in an out.  Only bad things will happen 

In end Nebraska would of had run anyways with how inning played out but still bad idea to do that. 

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

In end Nebraska would of had run anyways with how inning played out but still bad idea to do that. 

Who knows though. If there’s a guy on first you would throw pitches differently and hitter would behave differently 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Who knows though. If there’s a guy on first you would throw pitches differently and hitter would behave differently 

Thats true as well, but if same things happened which you don't know, run scores on the Barr web gem.

Another double play and this time it is on a sharply hit ball right on the screws with runner leaning. Not sure you could of done something differently there.

Bierman back out at 96 pitches but Litwicki ready if any trouble occurs.

Sorry I had to run to see my mom for Mother's Day the second the game ended, and was late as it was.

The weekend could of not have gone better and we will still lead the Big Ten by either 1/2 game or a game depending on what Nebraska does against Rutgers tomorrow (Michigan is one back after loss today). Rarely do games go as they should on paper, but this weekend happened as anyone would predict. Two tossup games with Rutgers we pulled out, beaten by Nebraska when they threw their ace at us (and we would of lost a lot worse if the rain delay did not force Povich from the game), and dominated the game with Bierman. If you had asked me before weekend, each game played out exactly as I would of thought which never happens.

Now we are sitting pretty and a series win at Michigan and a split of the next pod with Nebraska, will basically wrap up the conference for us given the Wolverines and Cornhuskers play each other. The huge thing is we are a game clear of Michigan now, so even if we lose series next week we are still tied for first depending on what Nebraska does. We were in this same position two years ago with Michigan just behind us. We went up there and took the series which was the difference and won us Big Ten Championship a couple weeks later. History now has a chance to repeat itself. A series win again in Ann Arbor and we are very much in the driver's seat to hoist the conference trophy.

Also, as an aside as expected, our tougher schedule to close season is moving our RPI up rapidly. We were in the 130's before the Iowa series and now after these last two weekends are in the 80's. If we can win the rest of our series, we will have it into the 50's as now projected, which should get us at-large bid whether we win conference or not.