Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

IU Baseball VS Nebraska (N)- 3:10 PM ET BTN+

45 minutes ago, mjhoosier said:

IU now down 6-5.

Mercer rolled the dice w Tucker twice today. Both times, it didn’t work. Gave up runs both games.
. Now IU has to come back again. Should have never pulled Stahl.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Actually it did work with Tucker the 1st time. 

Easy 1-2-3 for Bierman in top 1. Houston and Fucci back in the lineup today in throw back to past as Espalin and Fougerousse sit. Also Ethan Vecrumba to DH rather than the Van Pelt or Whalen like earlier in weekend. 

Nebraska going with Shay Schanamen their third starter who has struggled (Not that their number 2 Hroch hasn't struggled, but Schanamen has struggled even more). Hopefully we take advantage.

Ashley grounds out to end it. 4-0 After 1. Good inning. Don't think Schanamen stays in for to long as we forced him to throw 40 pitches that inning. That's important as we need Huskers to burn through their bullpen with playing Rutgers after us and we need them to lose twice today. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

18p through 2 innings

Yes need a good 7-8 innings from him with only Litwicki and maybe Bothwell available out of pen (who threw a ton of pitches Friday) who have good experience. You maybe could use Macciochi again today after just 12 pitches yesterday, but don't love going to him or Jack Walker who both have little experience. Otherwise it would be someone who has not pitched this year. Everyone else not available after multiple innings yesterday.

4-0 to 3rd.

Schanamen doing better now and goes 1-2-3. Only problem here is I really wanted Huskers to burn through their pen before facing Rutgers, but ultimately holding on and getting win most important.

4-0 to 4th. 

23 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Yes need a good 7-8 innings from him with only Litwicki and maybe Bothwell available out of pen (who threw a ton of pitches Friday) who have good experience. You maybe could use Macciochi again today after just 12 pitches yesterday, but don't love going to him or Jack Walker who both have little experience. Otherwise it would be someone who has not pitched this year. Everyone else not available after multiple innings yesterday.

4-0 to 3rd.

I think Stahl can for sure throw, as well. One inning I think. He only threw 24p yesterday. 

Just now, btownqb said:

I think Stahl can for sure throw, as well. One inning I think. He only threw 24p yesterday. 

Maybe but that's a lot to turn around and pitch again for a short relief guy. A long relief guy like Tucker, Bothwell or Mudungo could, but I would be more leery with Stahl.

I think I would go with Bothwell on a days rest since he goes multiple innings a lot. 

Ideal would be 8 from Bierman and Litwicki closes though:).