Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

When Knight Took On The World

10 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

This is a great story from Pete DiPrimio about the summer of 1985 when Knight took the Hoosiers on a world tour which was possibly the foundation for the 1987 championship.  Lots of good quotes.

http://www.petediprimio.com/stories/petediprimio-story-12.html

Wow! What memories! My family moved to Terre Haute Indiana in 77 from Cincinnati Ohio. My older brothers had taught me how to play basketball but baseball was my passion. Larry Bird piqued my interest in basketball then IU made me love it. 81 with Isaiah, Wittman, Tolbert, Turner, and that group winning the NC solidified it. I was hooked. Graduated HS in 83. Same year as Alford. He and Simmons were my faves their freshman year. I remember reading the Indianapolis Star and Terre Haute Tribune to get any details of this trip that I could. Loved reading this article. Thanks for putting it on here!