Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

14 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Would love for this thread to get more active, especially this week and next. I gamble on the NBA pretty much daily and have started funding "wife would normally get pissed" purchases with some success there. I'll share some of my favorite Twitter @'s that I use as a launching point for that below. I mess with CBB but it's random and stupid and I almost always lose money there, do not advise tailing me. You'll be lucky if johnson shares The Algorithm. It seems sacred.

@CallingOurShot - These guys are really good. Some parlays, some straights, NBA MLB and NFL. Logan is insanely good, Austin is a dork.

@DanGambleAI - He uses some "mysterious" algorithm and is really tied in with Caesar's, so be cautious with him. If his plays look fishy there's a reason, but there's good research to be found. He does NBA NFL and started doing NCAAB recently. His bank builder ladders are usually pretty solid.

@toadsports - Tons of trends on alt lines on NBA NFL and MLB. I use this account for research and parlay building.

@propsdotcash - Straight research. It's a website you can pay for for research, but their account RTs plays constantly from their partners and always has data to go with it.

@TopCheddarPicks - This is just NHL, which I dabble in. Free sheets daily using trends and research.

I don't just blindly use any of these guys for plays, it's all a starting point for what I'll do for the day, but it helps narrow down what I'll research. I live on Basketball Reference and Torvik if I get a CBB itch. 

Thanks for the tidbits. MLB has been my bigger money makers, I’ve hit quite a few cbb picks. I won’t go near NFL anymore I’m so bad at it. 

illl add SGPN “the college experience”. They are regular dudes that are funny and do some good research as well. They also have an awesome app that shows their daily picks. They go live everyday on YouTube so it’s fun to listen at work. 

I’ll second that I want this thread to be more active, it’s a fun time of year for betting 

I don't do parleys, I always lose 1 or 2 games in a 10 leg parlay so I always play the classic pick a.lineup on draftkings and have had some success with that method. 

I wish I could get it right better with the parleys but I have never won one

Just now, wirenuts said:

I don't do parleys, I always lose 1 or 2 games in a 10 leg parlay so I always play the classic pick a.lineup on draftkings and have had some success with that method. 

I wish I could get it right better with the parleys but I have never won one

I won a 3 leg last night. I don’t know what you are picking, but I stay away from the player prop bets on parlays 

For CBB, I go on KP or Torvik to see if there's a line that's wacky. I've done a 3 leg parlay almost every day of the CBB year unless there's only a few games and nothing piques my interest.

If you care, tonight I have St Louis/Archie under 154 (about to start), BC +120 ML vs Miami (the U is on a giant losing streak) and Oakland -4 vs Milwaukee.

The system I use during college hoops is not for the faint of heart as its based on percentages, thus my 1800 college hoop bets this year. On an average Saturday during the season I’ll have 40-50 bets.

There is a site called Teamrankings.com. Under the college hoops section there is a tab called trends. It gives a breakdown for each team in various scenarios AST and O/U, and you can specify what time frame. I have an algorithm i have used the last two years that has a 53.5% success rate( thats over 2900 games I’ve bet, so there is an ample data set).

unfortunately, i have shut it down for this season, as this year has mimicked last and the algorithm sucks once conference tournament starts. I think it has to do with a lot of the teams are meeting for the 3rd time and the algorithm has no way to account for that (teamrankings site has no data for that.

so at this point, i wing it, and fully expect to squander all my winnings by the final 4 like last year lol

As a degenerate gambler of 50 years, I generally avoid parlays at all costs. They are like the old man in the van promising you candy. They look good, generally don’t end well

I took Oakland on a single spread bet , so I won but not like you! I’ll have to start tailing 
Having fun today, sorry about the volume knob in the way
018baa4754ed19f464189e04971d0c86.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Well, that'll do it. Still rolling with KU.

They have been trending downward lately I know Mcculler being out hurt them, but they got raked in Houston the other day with Dickinson and Mcculler. I dont know, its hard to bet against Self though, thats a tough pick. 

28 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Wyoming can go to hell. The Mountain West sucks!

Wyoming beat Fresno on their court four days ago by 39!

Mason screwed me good so my +1500 died before I got out of work.

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Wyoming can go to hell. The Mountain West sucks!

I'm borderline terrified of spreads during championship week, and then we go ahead and have an upset like this. I just went with Norfolk St. -4.5 over Coppin St. for the 2nd half. That's a 21-10 (11-3) team vs a 2-26 (1-13) team and I'm already sweating lol.

4 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

I'm borderline terrified of spreads during championship week, and then we go ahead and have an upset like this. I just went with Norfolk St. -4.5 over Coppin St. for the 2nd half. That's a 21-10 (11-3) team vs a 2-26 (1-13) team and I'm already sweating lol.

I only play live spreads for CBB. It’s just too non-sensical and even those are ugly. I like parlaying some alt spreads pregame though.