Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

thebigweave

Online college basketball simulation

I don't get it. For the third season in a row, my team loses after being knocked out of the tournament. Last two years, I finished out the seasons losing all games after being knocked out. It's really weird.

Opposite effect for me. Your 31 team is stronger than mine though. I honestly thought u might win it this season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

A LOT about this game confuses me. Test league team just lost to an 0-5 #232 team by 4 and then beat the #223 team by 30.

What are the good teams +\- for each player, or what’s a good starter number? Do you want 5 guys all well rounded at +5 and good in each category or is it better to have a big guy be a stud on defense and the boards and not have good hands or shooting? And a SG be excellent shooting but weak everywhere else or at least a category?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

A LOT about this game confuses me. Test league team just lost to an 0-5 #232 team by 4 and then beat the #223 team by 30.

What are the good teams +\- for each player, or what’s a good starter number? Do you want 5 guys all well rounded at +5 and good in each category or is it better to have a big guy be a stud on defense and the boards and not have good hands or shooting? And a SG be excellent shooting but weak everywhere else or at least a category?

Some players are better than their rating +/-, some are much worse. There are a lot of ways to win. Some players are better starters than on bench and vice versa. Some play better depending on how much PT they get. Then there is chemistry issues.

I can't give away all my strategies because they might all be wrong. . But so far I'm improving almost every season.

Haha! I guess that’s the part that’s got me hung up. I wish there was some sort of reference of a players personality (other than their recruiting preference) or clues on some things like playing time. I’ve played enough scrimmages with results being so random that I don’t think the answer lies there.

Lost both my ties, but signed my two top net recruits, David Courtney and Jordan Nickols. Both come in at +5, with Courtney more evenly distributed and Nickols seemingly a more dynamic player. Pretty happy with these two finds.

Recruiting rankings have the class ranked around 100, but I think these two guys will be key pieces over the next four years.

Athens doesn't have any glaring needs for recruiting this year, and will go for best players available. We returned four of five starters and only lost one minor bench player from our Sweet Sixteen team, so hoping for another strong year.

How did everyone else do? Anyone make drastic improvements? Overall, Athens is a +46/-1 team - I'm curious where that sits comparatively.

Lost both my ties, but signed my two top net recruits, David Courtney and Jordan Nickols. Both come in at +5, with Courtney more evenly distributed and Nickols seemingly a more dynamic player. Pretty happy with these two finds.

Recruiting rankings have the class ranked around 100, but I think these two guys will be key pieces over the next four years.

Athens doesn't have any glaring needs for recruiting this year, and will go for best players available. We returned four of five starters and only lost one minor bench player from our Sweet Sixteen team, so hoping for another strong year.

How did everyone else do? Anyone make drastic improvements? Overall, Athens is a +46/-1 team - I'm curious where that sits comparatively.

Yeah, New Orleans missed on my top 2 targets.

Michael Spaulding is a killer because he was from New Orleans high school and good local, excellent win, and good impact. I am the local school and have better win rate than the team that got him. I guess impact won out although win was his highest priority. That one baffles me.

I lost a 1-1 tie on the guard I was targeting, he was a good player but not too upset.

I got 1 guy I maxed as a safety netter and 2 others with clear leads. No superstars but 3 guys that I can play. Ended up ranked 90-100 range.

I return all 5 starters and dumped my worst class but i didn't improve as much as I wanted.

I think I'm NTT bound again but it will be a struggle against top teams.

+51,-2

Culver City Gymrats #8/9 recruiting class. Centered all of my recruiting on four targets and landed two of them. A center who was the #2 recruited player and had a 9 way tie. A point guard who was #40. Also got lucky and received a +4 SF that I didn’t recruit.

Recruiting has been a real struggle to figure out. My first season I finished third in the NTT. Tried recruiting local and winning attributes the next two seasons and struck out. This year I went for local and impact.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I got about what I expected out of recruiting. Remember I came in half way through this season in 31 so I had to just find some guys and hope they were ok. I got the 161/161 class at +9/-1.

What I found interesting is a guy I was 18 points back of, and because it was a large deficit I didn’t use a scholarship on him....signed with me.

Didn’t expect that at all and thus I signed 2 PG and a C. None of them project as long term starters.

Not sure I can have the patience to see this team through, it’s going to be a VERY long rebuild. We are +26/-9 going into the year.

My L34 team is rising +47/-9 and I believe will be even better next year with the recruits I’m on.

Test league signing day last night has led to the most frustrating 12 hours with this game. Struck out on both top recruits I was tied on. One with excellent local rating (I was 1 of 2 locals), and he went outside of conference. Still filled my needs and improved depth and overall quite a bit. Losing no one of importance figuring my team is ready to take the next step to rankings in top 50 vs around 90. Proceed to go 2-17 overnight in scrimmages.

One positive note, did win the 1st round conference game in L34. Now to face the 1 seed.

Test league signing day last night has led to the most frustrating 12 hours with this game. Struck out on both top recruits I was tied on. One with excellent local rating (I was 1 of 2 locals), and he went outside of conference. Still filled my needs and improved depth and overall quite a bit. Losing no one of importance figuring my team is ready to take the next step to rankings in top 50 vs around 90. Proceed to go 2-17 overnight in scrimmages.

One positive note, did win the 1st round conference game in L34. Now to face the 1 seed.

Lol 3-24 now. Big ten officiating is less frustrating!

Lol 3-24 now. Big ten officiating is less frustrating!

Those teams that run scrimmages are STACKED. All of them. You are running against the elite teams. Keep solid recruiting and you'll get there too.

I was exactly where you are now a few seasons ago in T-League. Hang in there. Don't run as many scrimmages and just know your team usually will perform similarly to recruiting rankings assuming I get them in the right spots.

Those teams that run scrimmages are STACKED. All of them. You are running against the elite teams. Keep solid recruiting and you'll get there too.

I was exactly where you are now a few seasons ago in T-League. Hang in there. Don't run as many scrimmages and just know your team usually will perform similarly to recruiting rankings assuming I get them in the right spots.

I’m getting smoked in some of those scrimmages m, 94-41 for instance. Most are 15-20 point losses. Thank you for the heads up, I was about to fire myself lol.

I’m seeing posts in the test league talking about being +71. Starters alone being high +30s. That explains why my +44 aren’t winning against them haha

My team in T league is +75, -1.

I don't have a PG though and won't be as strong as last season.