Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

(2016) SG Kameron McGusty to Oklahoma

Committed 7/20/15.

@VerbalCommits: 2016 Seven Lakes (TX) G Kameron McGusty has received an offer from Indiana. @KamMcgusty http://t.co/3m9z2ZyXWl

Shotgun scatter spreading to Texas.

Katy, TX (Seven Lakes)

6'5/170

AAU: Houston Defenders

Rivals

Scout

ESPN

Twitter

‏@EvanDaniels: Kameron McGusty is having a breakout spring | Leads UA Association in scoring | Story: http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1549719-ua-associaton-mcgusty-breaks-out?s=75 … 

Through 12 games in the UA Association, McGusty is averaging 23 points a game. He’s a strong driver that finishes well in the paint. He’s equipped with floaters and is quite comfortable pulling up for jumpers, but he also takes pride in his defense.

“I can get in the paint, create havoc with the defense and whether I’m dishing it off or shooting, I’m getting to the basket and getting bigs in foul trouble,” McGusty said when describing his game.

“My jumper is good, but I want it to be great,” he added. “On defense, I want to be the guy that holds the best player on the other team, so I want to get better at that too.”

IU scouted McGusty several times this month.

@GiveNGobball: Kameron McGusty, a class of 2016 SG playing for the Houston Defenders (TX), picked up an offer from UConn & Baylor.

Deacon Hoops Report ‏@DeacHoopsReport  Jul 7 Deacon Hoops Report retweeted
No mention of WF in latest McGusty interview. Plans to cut list early August and commit before early signing period. 

Ryan Silver ‏@RyanSilver1  Jul 3
Just talked to 2016 g Kameron Mcgusty @KamMcgusty Houston Defenders.  One of most impressive young men I have ever talked to on the phone.