Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

#IUBASE - 3 game series @ Ohio State

Wow huge break and a terrible call in our favor! They either called interference on the OSU runner trying to run to 1st or they called the runner out on the tag despite Tim Herrin not having the ball in his glove. We are through 7 and IU still leads 8-4. No one including the announcers are quite sure how an out was called but it was. Definitely should of been error on Herrin anyway you slice it as he missed ball and it rolled into foul territory and in my judgement runner had no role in the mistake.

Way for Herrin to make it way to scary. Gets 2 easy outs before 2 straight singles and a walk load the bases. Than a fairly deep fly ball to left finally ends it for the win but on the solid contact it was like "oh s--t" until it was caught.

Anyways assuming Iowa holds onto their big lead we cannot move from the 6 seed no matter what happens tomorrow. I will assure everyone though despite what I read on another message board and a friend of mine seems to think the selection committee does not care where we place in conference in terms of our seed and getting into the NCAA tourney. They look at SOS and RPI mostly and those are both excellent. We are in almost certainly now.

I am out tomorrow during the game so will not be posting again (except maybe a wrap up post but no guarantees) till Big Ten tourney. I hate then 10am start Wednesday during work but after that its up to us to win to get good times rest of tourney because a win lets us play Thursday at 5pm than not again till Sat at 130pm. I'll go Saturday (on my birthday) if we get that far. Working Wednesday-Friday and cannot get time off.