Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2018) SF Jaedon LeDee

Good write-up here. Some IU connection.

‏@ids_sports: 5-star prospect Jaedon LeDee spoke with @AndyWittry about his progression and how IU is pursuing him #iubb http://bit.ly/1GyTgy0 

- A friend of the LeDee family is familiar with IU and connected Jaedon with the Hoosiers’ coaching staff. IU coaches watched him during a recent live recruiting period.

I had totally forgotten about this kid.  And as a side note, this is the same high school that '17 IUWBB commit Alexis Johnson attends.

From ny2lasports.com

One of the most sought after prospects in the class of 2018, Houston (Texas.) Kinkaid 2018 small forward Jaedon Ledee has offers from coast-to-coast. A high flyer with an even higher upside, Ledee has 15 scholarship offers on the table from some of the nation’s top basketball programs. 

While it’s still early, Ledee says six of the schools who have jumped in with an offer are currently giving the hardest chase for his services. 

Baylor: “Coach Scott Drew hits up my phone like every day. Really good guy, good program. They produce pros. They’re in the Big 12 as well, so that’s big time.”

Houston: “They’re remodeling the program. They’ve been doing really good. It’s hometown team.” 

TCU: “Coach David Patrick came over from LSU. He texts me every day. He’s a really good guy. He likes the way I play.” 

Texas: “It’s a new program under Shaka Smart. He’s a really energetic player’s coach. He’s a really good guy, down to Earth. He’s a really great coach.”

Texas A&M: “Coach (Billy) Kennedy and the whole staff in general stick out to me. They’re real personal. It’s’ a good family environment down there. I like College Station as a whole.”

UCLA: “It’s a great program. Los Angeles, Pac 12. One of my dad’s former teammates in high school is coach (Duane) Broussard, so we have that family connection. The way they play in the Pac-12 really fits my style.”

Ledee has other offers from Kentucky, Kansas, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Tennessee, Indiana, LSU, Arizona, Tennessee, Wake Forest, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt, Kansas State, etc. to name a few. The 6-foot-8, 215-pound wing is drawing interest from Marquette, Notre Dame, Louisville, and Arkansas. 

The Cardinals are also one of the programs in contact most, according to Ledee.  “Rick Pitino came by the school and showed really high interest in me,” Ledee said. “He said he can’t wait to see more. He said he really liked me.”

Ledee has visited Texas, Texas A&M, and TCU this fall. He’s also slated to visit UCLA on Oct. 22.  With no leaders in his recruitment, Ledee plans to make a commitment following the July evaluation period.  “I want to commit after next summer,” he said. “I know this summer is going to be a big one and more programs are going to try and jump in so I want to make sure I take my time and make the right decision.

Ledee plays with RL9 during the travel season.