Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Ok, the commentary about how it's amazing the Bucks are only down by X points is getting tiresome. 

Yeah, Spero lost points from me on this one. He beat that dead horse back to life, killed it again, and beat it some more 

16 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

LOL see ya, Bobby. Bunch of trashbags on this Milwaukee team. Get this series over with. 

Be pretty great to get a Christmas day game between the 2 next season

While watching the T-Wolves-Suns last night couldn't get over how bad that situation is in Phoenix. Durant, 36 before next season starts, has 2 yrs/106 mil on his deal. Beal, 31 and with his shot knees, has 2yrs/104mil, with a player option the year after at 57mil and a full freaking no-trade clause. Booker, at least only 28 next year, is about to start his supermax at 4yrs/221mil. And they have no draft pick control basically forever, so they can't even bring in cost controlled talent. And they just got their a$$ straight whooped by Anthony Edwards, 23, Jaden McDaniels, 23, and Karl-Anthony towns, 28. Then you look at OKC, you look at NO, and these guys have no chance. The Beal thing is incomprehensible to me. Dude will never play 50 regular season games again and you're basically paying him 1 mil/game. They are as clear an example of irrationally aggressive ownership as we'll ever see.

22 minutes ago, Demo said:

While watching the T-Wolves-Suns last night couldn't get over how bad that situation is in Phoenix. Durant, 36 before next season starts, has 2 yrs/106 mil on his deal. Beal, 31 and with his shot knees, has 2yrs/104mil, with a player option the year after at 57mil and a full freaking no-trade clause. Booker, at least only 28 next year, is about to start his supermax at 4yrs/221mil. And they have no draft pick control basically forever, so they can't even bring in cost controlled talent. And they just got their a$$ straight whooped by Anthony Edwards, 23, Jaden McDaniels, 23, and Karl-Anthony towns, 28. Then you look at OKC, you look at NO, and these guys have no chance. The Beal thing is incomprehensible to me. Dude will never play 50 regular season games again and you're basically paying him 1 mil/game. They are as clear an example of irrationally aggressive ownership as we'll ever see.

To make matters worse, they went through the 2nd salary cap apron which severely limits how they can use exceptions, what they can get back in trades, and also prevents them from signing bought-out players I believe. They’re in some serious trouble. 

Uh. Wut? This is a fanbase that supported their star storming into the opposing teams tunnel because of a basketball. 

I joke about a Christmas day game. The sooner this series is over the better. Bucks fans are pretty concerning. 

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

To make matters worse, they went through the 2nd salary cap apron which severely limits how they can use exceptions, what they can get back in trades, and also prevents them from signing bought-out players I believe. They’re in some serious trouble. 

I forgot that was a thing. Wow. I might actually feel a little bad for them taking a huge swing and missing if Ishbia didn't carry himself as such an irredeemable d-bag. It was funny enough that he gave MSU a zillion dollars to keep Mel Tucker, but now he's just lighting money on fire with zero chance to win. That's ok, I'm sure he'll just find new and more profitable ways to screw people on their mortgages.

5 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Uh. Wut? This is a fanbase that supported their star storming into the opposing teams tunnel because of a basketball. 

I joke about a Christmas day game. The sooner this series is over the better. Bucks fans are pretty concerning. 

One title and the fans have become as diva as their players.

8 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

One title and the fans have become as diva as their players.

Most of those fans have probably been fans since ~June 2021. 

6 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

As a Cubs fan I confidently say I'm not surprised Milwaukee fans are doubling down on their brand of delusional tears.

Even if you don't follow baseball, BrewersTwitter (yes, TWITTER, Elon...)  gets pretty interesting.

*To any Brew Crew fans in here... Well, I said what I said, lol

20 hours ago, Demo said:

I forgot that was a thing. Wow. I might actually feel a little bad for them taking a huge swing and missing if Ishbia didn't carry himself as such an irredeemable d-bag. It was funny enough that he gave MSU a zillion dollars to keep Mel Tucker, but now he's just lighting money on fire with zero chance to win. That's ok, I'm sure he'll just find new and more profitable ways to screw people on their mortgages.

And Durant. The dude lost all credibility when he ran from the Thunder and left his teammates to join the team that embarassed them down 3-1 the immediately preceding season, the Dubs. Then he gets his ring, and the teams he's gone too since have failed. Yes, he's always been a really talented player, but a ring-chaser with no loyalty and not the centerpiece of a championship team. I'm glad the Suns have failed, Booker's just a me-me-mine let me shoot player, crap D, that whole team is a joke (feel kinda bad for Beal though).

And time for Bron to retire? Denver once again embarrassed the Lakers, wonder where Bron will land next -- can't see him returning to the Lakers. Still a monster, but no longer good enough to carry a team (like those old Cleveland teams) to the Finals, the parity in the League is strong now (salary cap has worked), Thunder and Wolves etc. 

Of all the teams out there the Thunder are most surprising to me. The way they've gelled and played with seasoned playoff vet-level play despite being a young team not a seasoned playoff vet team at all, is pretty special. 

I'm still a PG guy hoping he has enough now with Harden (who has .turned himself into a much better team player / playoff player so far this season, fwiw), despite Kawhi being down, to get to the Finals. This Clips-Dallas series is a tight hard-fought battle (again), and for those who used to clown on PG, his all-around play is on another level, if / when he decides to be the guy (which doesn't happen enough, he doesn't seem to have that Alpha mentality like a Kobe, a Kawhi, etc., he's happy to play second fiddle to Kawhi), he flat out dominates. His 16-point first quarter / 26-point half dismantling of Dallas was something to watch. 

All around, this is pretty damn good set of playoffs for the NBA imo -- while it seems almost pre-destined for a Denver - Celtics Finals, teams like the Wolves and Thunder are seriously dangerous, the Clips can catch fire in the West, and in the East the Pacers may surprise and we could see the old Pacers-Knicks rivalry back with the Knicks surging (with OG -- for all the Brunson talk, OG is the two-way engine of that team). 

Side note, I just can't stand this Celtics team. Entitled group, and I'm sorry Tatum is a soft, pretty boy of a player. Talent wise they're the expected favorite out of the East, but if they get there I think Denver wins it all, again.

Also, who had Brunson turning into this back in his Nova days? Always thought he was a good player, but he’s just gone completely nuclear in the last year and change. Murderous scorer was never on the radar from my view. 

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

S’pose so. Just when I thought OG had his moment. 

It’s got to be killing Nurse having to live with Embiid’s defense. Lord, he just dropped 15 feet on that side ball screen and Brunson still beat him to the rim. He’s moving like a 60 yo man. 

7 minutes ago, Demo said:

It’s got to be killing Nurse having to live with Embiid’s defense. Lord, he just dropped 15 feet on that side ball screen and Brunson still beat him to the rim. He’s moving like a 60 yo man. 

Giggling imagining the Pacers somehow getting Philly in the 2nd round. Playing a Thibs team is about the only reason he is worth keeping on the floor in his current state.