Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Just now, IUfan_Charlie said:

Dudes averaged 40.7 points per game on 55-50-91 shooting splits in 10 games so far this month. He's 72-of-143 from 3. 

Wow...and that's with all of the opposing defense attention focused on him.

Steph Curry is really starting to put a stamp on the best of all time list. Maybe top twenty ever to play the game? Maybe even better than that?

How many players can we say aren't just all-time greats, but truly changed the way the game is played. He's one of five or ten for sure in that respect. I can think of Mikan (first dominant big), Jabbar (the mobile, athletic super tall big), Russell (center as a defensive captain, Robertson (five tool player), Magic (over-sized point guard) and Steph (revolutionized the three point line).

22 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Wow...and that's with all of the opposing defense attention focused on him.

Steph Curry is really starting to put a stamp on the best of all time list. Maybe top twenty ever to play the game? Maybe even better than that?

How many players can we say aren't just all-time greats, but truly changed the way the game is played. He's one of five or ten for sure in that respect. I can think of Mikan (first dominant big), Jabbar (the mobile, athletic super tall big), Russell (center as a defensive captain, Robertson (five tool player), Magic (over-sized point guard) and Steph (revolutionized the three point line).

I think there is a strong argument he’s top10 but I’d probably have him somewhere around 12. In my mind he’s the second best PG ever behind Magic and his influence on how the entire game is played now is pretty much unparalleled. His championship window is probably over at this point but he could still conceivably win another MVP before he’s done. It will be so interesting to see if another player can replicate his kind of shooting in the future. You know there are an army of middle schoolers out there trying to replicate it. 

Well Myles is out for a while. Domas is dealing with something. Hopefully we just tank. I want Cade somehow. But man Jalen Green would be the best play maker we’ve had in my lifetime 

31 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

I think there is a strong argument he’s top10 but I’d probably have him somewhere around 12. In my mind he’s the second best PG ever behind Magic and his influence on how the entire game is played now is pretty much unparalleled. His championship window is probably over at this point but he could still conceivably win another MVP before he’s done. It will be so interesting to see if another player can replicate his kind of shooting in the future. You know there are an army of middle schoolers out there trying to replicate it. 

I’d argue impact on the game should be a big deal. Steph revolutionized the game. There are like what 5 other guys who have changed the game this much. If that 

12 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Well Myles is out for a while. Domas is dealing with something. Hopefully we just tank. I want Cade somehow. But man Jalen Green would be the best play maker we’ve had in my lifetime 

I'm sure as a fan, it's a terrible take, but we have to be on the "tank train" right? I think I read it on here earlier, but you've got to see what you have in Sumner, Goga, Oshae and maybe even Stanley. I think we already know what we have in Aaron Holiday...

30 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

I’m very confident Jalen Green will be a top 10 scorer in the league at some point. He has Zach LaVine, Bradley Beal type scoring upside. I think he’s gonna go #2. I just know we are gonna end up with Franz Wagner or Kispert or something. We desperately need high upside wings. 

1 minute ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

I’m very confident Jalen Green will be a top 10 scorer in the league at some point. He has Zach LaVine, Bradley Beal type scoring upside. I think he’s gonna go #2. I just know we are gonna end up with Franz Wagner or Kispert or something. We desperately need high upside wings. 

The team needs A LOT. They screwed themselves years ago. At this point, you hit the reset. Made a terrible choice for coach and refuse to make any moves to get some bench help. 

5 hours ago, HoosierKnight said:

I'm sure as a fan, it's a terrible take, but we have to be on the "tank train" right? I think I read it on here earlier, but you've got to see what you have in Sumner, Goga, Oshae and maybe even Stanley. I think we already know what we have in Aaron Holiday...

I'm all on the tank train. We need talent, draft is the easiest way to get it. 

Eh Oshae and Stanley are just end of bench guys. I think we have something with Sumner and Goga

5 hours ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

I know there is a lot of discussion between Green or Suggs. But to me its a no brainer, Green every day, all day. 

I think Wagner could be Hayward esque actually. Kispert is like the 20-25th best player in the draft but is gonna be taken like 10th. I just hope it isn't us. 

11 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

I'm all on the tank train. We need talent, draft is the easiest way to get it. 

Eh Oshae and Stanley are just end of bench guys. I think we have something with Sumner and Goga

Stanley is a better option than Sumner potential wise. But it's no surprise we don't see him much. I honestly think you could easily get the Kings to trade you their 1st rounder that could be Top 3 for guys like Brogdon and Warren packaged. They are that dumb of a franchise. 

Along with being on the tank train I want to blow up the team. LeVert is the only guy I feel strongly about keeping. 

but get rid of Brogdon and Domas. Everyone else I could go either way. Those two are just such low ceiling players 

4 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Along with being on the tank train I want to blow up the team. LeVert is the only guy I feel strongly about keeping. 

but get rid of Brogdon and Domas. Everyone else I could go either way. Those two are just such low ceiling players 

How are they low ceiling players when they are the two best players on the team? They are flawed players for sure but both are very good NBA players. I like LeVert but he’s flawed too. He’s a ball dominant guard that is a below average shooter and an average at best defender.  This entire team is flawed and we have a shitty coach at the helm. If you can trade Domas for another all star or a top 6-7 pick then you should absolutely consider it but other than that... it’s not like we grow all stars in Indiana. If we knew how to draft this team would be in a much better spot. 

16 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

How are they low ceiling players when they are the two best players on the team? They are flawed players for sure but both are very good NBA players. I like LeVert but he’s flawed too. He’s a ball dominant guard that is a below average shooter and an average at best defender.  This entire team is flawed and we have a shitty coach at the helm. If you can trade Domas for another all star or a top 6-7 pick then you should absolutely consider it but other than that... it’s not like we grow all stars in Indiana. If we knew how to draft this team would be in a much better spot. 

Literally everyone on the team has peaked in their career outside of a couple guys like Stanley and maybe Goga. And this team isn't good. Last time they could have rebuilt for the future, they let everyone walk away for nothing. 

On 4/21/2021 at 12:55 PM, IUfan_Charlie said:

Low ceiling meaning with them being the top guys at best we’re a first round exit team. 

also I know Domas is well liked. But I find it hard to call a big that is that bad defensively as a very good player. Unless your that good offensively, which he isn’t. If anything he is bad offensively in the clutch and his playoff history is awful 

4 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Low ceiling meaning with them being the top guys at best we’re a first round exit team. 

also I know Domas is well liked. But I find it hard to call a big that is that bad defensively as a very good player. Unless your that good offensively, which he isn’t. If anything he is bad offensively in the clutch and his playoff history is awful 

I mean last year, at age 23, was when he made a jump to all star and he missed the playoffs due to injury. I have issue calling someone bad in the playoffs when they have never even started a playoff game in their career. He barely played in 2 games as a 20 year old rookie playing as a stretch 4. He played well in the series against the Cavs in 2018 and struggled in 4 games in 2019. The whole team did. That’s just not a fair complaint against him. And of course if they are your best players you aren’t going to be competing for chips. No one would argue that. However, that is not their fault. They are both on extremely reasonable contracts for the level of player that they are. The pacers mediocrity is due to poor team building, injuries, and coaching more than any couple of players. I just don’t see getting a return from them that would raise our ceiling. If you are a mid tier small market team this is life in the NBA. You have to draft well and that’s where we fail. This team is in a different place if we take guys like OG or Collins over leaf and don’t spend a first rounder on a 6’0 shooting guard. Prioritize defense, athleticism, and upside in free agency and the draft and hope they pan out. 

On 4/22/2021 at 5:56 PM, IUfan_Charlie said:

I mean last year, at age 23, was when he made a jump to all star and he missed the playoffs due to injury. I have issue calling someone bad in the playoffs when they have never even started a playoff game in their career. He barely played in 2 games as a 20 year old rookie playing as a stretch 4. He played well in the series against the Cavs in 2018 and struggled in 4 games in 2019. The whole team did. That’s just not a fair complaint against him. And of course if they are your best players you aren’t going to be competing for chips. No one would argue that. However, that is not their fault. They are both on extremely reasonable contracts for the level of player that they are. The pacers mediocrity is due to poor team building, injuries, and coaching more than any couple of players. I just don’t see getting a return from them that would raise our ceiling. If you are a mid tier small market team this is life in the NBA. You have to draft well and that’s where we fail. This team is in a different place if we take guys like OG or Collins over leaf and don’t spend a first rounder on a 6’0 shooting guard. Prioritize defense, athleticism, and upside in free agency and the draft and hope they pan out. 

If you're a small market team, you don't allow Bogdonavic, Thad Young, Cory Joseph, Tyreke Evans, Kyle O'Quinn to all walk from literally nothing in return. Vic was hurt before the trade deadline. It was clear at the moment that Kevin Pritchard was an idiot. You go get things for those guys at the deadline. Teams would have handed over late first rounders, 2nd rounder and/or young talent. Especially teams making a playoff push to compete for a title. Pacers instead "retooled." Then should have traded TJ Warren this past summer as he was at his highest value on a cheap contract. 

7 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

If you're a small market team, you don't allow Bogdonavic, Thad Young, Cory Joseph, Tyreke Evans, Kyle O'Quinn to all walk from literally nothing in return. Vic was hurt before the trade deadline. It was clear at the moment that Kevin Pritchard was an idiot. You go get things for those guys at the deadline. Teams would have handed over late first rounders, 2nd rounder and/or young talent. Especially teams making a playoff push to compete for a title. Pacers instead "retooled." Then should have traded TJ Warren this past summer as he was at his highest value on a cheap contract. 

Tyreke Evans had literally zero value. He was horrible and had serous off court problems. Cory Jo is a league average backup guard, and Kyle O’Quinn was out of the NBA a year later. They had no value. We couldn’t pay Bogie what it would take to keep him and we got a good replacement for nothing in TJ Warren. Thad young is the only questionable move. This is such revisionist history. Who would the pacers have played at the 3 in we traded Warren? Justin Holiday/Doug? It’s been clear this year that doesn’t work. It’s not like we could’ve gotten a lottery pick for Warren. Teams knew that bubble was a fluke in a lot of aspects. 

18 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

Tyreke Evans had literally zero value. He was horrible and had serous off court problems. Cory Jo is a league average backup guard, and Kyle O’Quinn was out of the NBA a year later. They had no value. We couldn’t pay Bogie what it would take to keep him and we got a good replacement for nothing in TJ Warren. Thad young is the only questionable move. This is such revisionist history. Who would the pacers have played at the 3 in we traded Warren? Justin Holiday/Doug? It’s been clear this year that doesn’t work. It’s not like we could’ve gotten a lottery pick for Warren. Teams knew that bubble was a fluke in a lot of aspects. 

It revisionist when I was saying it at the time. Tyreke had value at the trade deadline. Joseph had value at the deadline. Bogie and Thad had high value at the deadline. This isn't me thinking right now and looking back on it. I was vocal about it back then. The Pacers screwed their futures because they were happy with getting smoked by the Celtics in the first round. I was vocal about trading Warren when he was at a high value. I was vocal about not going after Brogdon. Yet here we are. It's time to blow up the roster. Plain and simple. 

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It revisionist when I was saying it at the time. Tyreke had value at the trade deadline. Joseph had value at the deadline. Bogie and Thad had high value at the deadline. This isn't me thinking right now and looking back on it. I was vocal about it back then. The Pacers screwed their futures because they were happy with getting smoked by the Celtics in the first round. I was vocal about trading Warren when he was at a high value. I was vocal about not going after Brogdon. Yet here we are. It's time to blow up the roster. Plain and simple. 

The only thing Tyreke Evans had at the trade deadline was a drug problem.