Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

rebelhoosier848891

Big Ten Freshman/6th Man Of Year Prediction

Now that we know the rosters, who do you pick for 2014-2015 Big Ten Freshman of the Year and 6th Man Of Year Awards?   I am going all homer on you and picking.....

Freshman of Year: James Blackmon, Jr., Indiana

6th Man of Year: Stan Robinson, Indiana

Who ya got and why?

This is a guess right now and we can update as we go along this season. WayneHoosier is right that we don't even know who our 6th man is yet...I am guessing StanRob-- but it could be RoJo, Z3, DD, etc. Whoever it is will be able to make a strong case as Nigel Hayes won last year averaging only 8 points per game.  Of course none of this keeps us from speculating!

Freshman-

1. Blackmon
2. Russell
3. Melo Trimble
4. LeRon Black
5. Rob Johnson
6. Bates-Diop
7. Dion Wiley
8. Vic Law
9. Je'sean Tate
10. Nairn/Nickens/McIntosh

I think Trimble and Blackmon are more critical to team success than DeAngelo Russell. If Russell gets 30 mins a game, lookout!

Blackmon is who I was going to say.

I forgot Russell was in the B1G, yeah that's gonna be fun.  :banghead:

Heard Bates-Diop had a good foreign tour with OSU---but I still don't think anyone touches JBJ .

I'm big on Blackmon, always have been.  On a different board some were saying we could back off him since we had Johnson, and I kept saying we should keep hard on him to try and get him back so yeah I'm a big fan of Blackmon.  DeAngelo Russell could make a strong case though, that kid can play.

Melo is a big time shooter/scorer. Very similar player to Blackmon in strengths. Not quite as good of shooter but very, very good. McDonald AA. Likely starter from Day 1.

Add an impressive guard shooter in Dion Wiley and 6'6" stud Nickens, Maryland has some pieces. They lost a ton to transfer but recruiting was/is hot.

Like it Parakeet Jones----Stan Rob has not been getting the press that some of the other Hoosiers have and if his twitter feeds are accurate he is basically living in Cook. He is a scoring machine as he showed in limited minutes in Canada. If he is our 6th man--I think he easily wins this award!