Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Hwy 1

Maryland Students chant Big Ten/payback time

"At least three times this season, Maryland men's basketball team faced 'A-C-C' chants during road losses. It happened at N.C. State, it happened at Duke, and it happened at Virginia.

Sunday afternoon, in their final regular-season ACC game, the Terps got their best win of the season, over Virginia. And with Maryland fans tweeting "ACCya" and storming the court while bidding their conference farewell, they reversed field on their rivals, chanting "Big Ten."

Which was weird, at first. But I guess won't be soon.

Maryland students storm the Comcast Center hardwood and break out in Big Ten chants. What a way to close out our time in the ACC. #GoTerps
    — Maryland Athletics (@umterps) March 9, 2014"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/03/10/maryland-fans-chant-big-ten-after-virginia-win/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DRsHO-939k

good stuff

Welcome Maryland to the BIG 10. If you thought it was tough to win at Duke and NC, ........... Let us welcome you to ASSEMBLY HALL.   

I'm going to say that they will find it much easier to win in Assembly than they did in Cameron.

[quote name="luburch" post="46325" timestamp="1394486607"]I'm going to say that they will find it much easier to win in Assembly than they did in Cameron.[/quote]

I think it depends on the year. This year I agree. Last year I think it was tougher to win in Assembly than Cameron because there were about 17,000 Crazies.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I think it depends on the year. This year I agree. Last year I think it was tougher to win in Assembly than Cameron because there were about 17,000 Crazies.

The attendance number does play a factor, but there's other things at play. CIS is small so it is easy for that place to get loud and it echoes (so to speak). They are organized and always cheering. Assembly often has dead periods, even during big games. The students are not as organized. Don't get me wrong, when Assembly is at full force it is a terrifying place, but I think that happens far less often.

However the quality of the teams playing has much more to do with it than the fans.

[quote name="LIHoosier" post="46330" timestamp="1394489028"]That was Seven Nation Army. Which makes them the 785th team in the world to use the riff as a chant.[/quote]

Still a cool song to me nonetheless.

That was Seven Nation Army. Which makes them the 785th team in the world to use the riff as a chant.

I was going to answer that post but for the life of me I couldn't remember the name... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J2QdDbelmY

otherwise known as the music/chant played at every college basketball game in the US.

[quote name="luburch" post="46328" timestamp="1394487980"]The attendance number does play a factor, but there's other things at play. CIS is small so it is easy for that place to get loud and it echoes (so to speak). They are organized and always cheering. Assembly often has dead periods, even during big games. The students are not as organized. Don't get me wrong, when Assembly is at full force it is a terrifying place, but I think that happens far less often.

However the quality of the teams playing has much more to do with it than the fans.[/quote]

Yeah I'd really rather not play at either place. Cameron is wild on opposing team sideline out of bounds plays. I don't know how guys get it in. Assembly comes down to the sheer number of people and the volume that comes with it. One of my bucket list venues is Cameron for sure.

[quote name="Hwy 1" post="46337" timestamp="1394490435"]I was going to answer that post but for the life of me I couldn't remember the name...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J2QdDbelmY

otherwise known as the music/chant played at every college basketball game in the US.[/quote]

I wonder who actually used that first. I bet they hate every college/pro sports team in the world. If Jack White had a dollar everytime it was used, he would make Warren Buffet look poor.

[quote name="Hovadipo" post="46351" timestamp="1394491899"]Yeah I'd really rather not play at either place. Cameron is wild on opposing team sideline out of bounds plays. I don't know how guys get it in. Assembly comes down to the sheer number of people and the volume that comes with it. One of my bucket list venues is Cameron for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

I'm gonna try to make my first trip down there next season. Always wanted to see a game in cameron. Of all the duke games I've seen in person they have all been away or on a neutral court. Tickets are so damn expensice though games against poop state were still goin for like 250 apiece. Hell new castles gym is like less than 50 seats larger than cameron

I wonder who actually used that first. I bet they hate every college/pro sports team in the world. If Jack White had a dollar everytime it was used, he would make Warren Buffet look poor.

UEFA; the European soccer sanctioning body used the riff after every goal scored in Euro 2008 and Euro 2012. Jack's made a couple bucks from that.

[quote name="LIHoosier" post="46355" timestamp="1394492241"]UEFA; the European soccer sanctioning body used the riff after every goal scored in Euro 2008 and Euro 2012. Jack's made a couple bucks from that.[/quote]

It would have to have been 08. It seems like people have been doing that forever. I bet that got annoying after every goal. After going to the first 3 rounds of the tourney last year, I never wanted to hear Madness by Muse again. Every. Single. Timeout.