Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs Northwood - 11.01.23 - Exhibition Game

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Sneak preview to answer your question:

This team has immaculately outstanding chemistry and culture. Always.

Monday from Talia Goodman -

Moren says that everyone is healthy right now heading into Wednesday’s exhibition. “Knock on wood for that.”

I'm super intrigued to watch tonight. 

Meister/Bargesser- what was their improvement level? 

How "good" are the FR? If either one of them is good enough to be rotational pieces this year, we have A LOT of depth. 

Those would be the two big things I am looking forward to seeing this evening. 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm super intrigued to watch tonight. 

Meister/Bargesser- what was their improvement level? 

How "good" are the FR? If either one of them is good enough to be rotational pieces this year, we have A LOT of depth. 

Those would be the two big things I am looking forward to seeing this evening. 

Jules LaMendola.

Really good.

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Garzon good? 

Completely different skillset. Completely different personality.

Patberg/Parrish personality, more like a Trey Galloway skill set - a little bit of everything 2/3 and not a gunner but better guard her from the three point line. Smart, chippy. Like Gallo, ought to be a rotation player immediately as a freshman.

Northwood not to bad of a team

IU Ladies about 95 Northood about 50. 

Lot of players and combinations will play tonight and will look good.  How good will be better determined vs Stanford, Tennessee, Princeton and then into big ten season.  This season has the potential to go 3 different directions.  It will be determined as a game to game process.  

Stay healthy.

15 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Completely different skillset. Completely different personality.

Patberg/Parrish personality, more like a Trey Galloway skill set - a little bit of everything 2/3 and not a gunner but better guard her from the three point line. Smart, chippy. Like Gallo, ought to be a rotation player immediately as a freshman.

I know they aren't the same player, tyke skill set is great, but just any sort of added talent to... Holmes, CMM, YG, Parrish, Scalia and others is just unfathomable. 

IU Ladies better have some very much needed help for top5 starters…because of foul trouble and dents and dings during a long season and high level talent competition.

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I know they aren't the same player, tyke skill set is great, but just any sort of added talent to... Holmes, CMM, YG, Parrish, Scalia and others is just unfathomable. 

But we lost an WNBA lottery pick and our team leader.

For me? The biggest potential addition to the team is a now-healthy Lexi Bargesser. She is a big-time athlete who lost the knee brace and who can be an absolute defensive stopper.

And maybe the only thing I truly learned from Hoosier Hysteria, men or women, is that she completely re-tooled her jump shot. It was a hot mess last year and looks so much better.

5 minutes ago, TTT said:

IU Ladies better have some very much needed help for top5 starters…because of foul trouble and dents and dings during a long season and high level talent competition.

depth is better imo.  by a good deal.  I mean Mack is Mack, Meister isn't Mack (yet) but the other subs have strong potential minus 1 or 2.  

Bargesser comparison watching her a tiny bit this summer draws comparison to Cardano Hillary.  Given a fully recovered leg she can be really good including improved shooting.  Before high school injury she was around 55% shooter.

Scalia has more confidence. Holmes is Holmes, just a higher level of herself. Really liking what of seen- progression from everyone, chemistry there, not a lot of letdown between sub patterns