Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Maybe he's embarrassed and didn't want people to know he was actually at the IU game.  Just sayin'.

We’ll, that’s kind of bitter except for the part about how you might not be wrong.

Same program as IU offer Nate Ament. Not a surprise since he signed the Adidas NIL deal but may indicate that he’s not planning to reclassify, though it doesn’t preclude it. 

26 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

85-74 playoff loss to City Reapers.  Series tied 1-1; deciding game on Monday.  Brown 6p;  1r;  10a;  5s;  0b;  2t.     2-16 FG;  2-11 on 3s;  0 FT.

This kid is definitely not a consistent scoring threat with his shooting percentages

Didn’t watch it but I’m gonna guess he took at last a half dozen unmakeable shots. OTE basketball is killing that kid. 

Season ended with a 90-67 OTE playoff loss.

16-gms. regular season:  13.4p;  2.1r;  5.4a;  .9s;  .1b;  2.1t          35% FT;  38% on 3s;  88% FT      

6-gms. playoffs:                15.3p;  3.7r;  6.8a;  2.3s;  .2b;  2.2t        25% FG;  21% on 3s;  85% FT

Bossi on Brown’s weekend:

Last weekend at USA Basketball's Final Four event, junior point guard Mikel Brown Jr.showed a new level of aggression in his game. He looked bigger – which he is, having grown to 6-foot-3 – and a little stronger and there were no lulls in his game.

This weekend at the 3SSB event, he's taking things to an entirely new level. Currently ranked No. 15 overall in the 2025 class, Brown is on the fringe of five-star status and ranks as the No. 2 overall point guard and he's making a case for a bump up. His aggression driving to the rim is what really stands out. He's always been a skilled handler, passer and shooter but his lack of strength (and he still needs to get stronger) has been a detriment on drives. Now, seemingly out of nowhere, he's become a force attacking the rim and is a threat to dunk on anybody at just about any time.

Rivals doing a countdown of it's 5-star rated players.

At No. 12 is PG Mikel Brown Jr. ( @MikelBrownJr1 )  “Brown has added significant length over the past year and now stands 6-foot-2, putting to rest old concerns over his lack of size. The overtime elite star is a true point guard that is capable of creating for himself and others. He’s also capable of taking over a game from behind the arc. There is some buzz about a possible reclassification to 2024, so Brown may exit these rankings down the road. Schools to watch in Brown’s recruitment are Alabama, Providence, Ole Miss, UCF and Indiana.” -

I says he wants to see how indiana let's their guards play this year. Ole Miss has been believed to be the leader here forever but I think we have a shot. After Sisley locked him up on multiple occasions this summer I'm not for sure where I'm at on him.