Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IU Baseball vs Illinois - 5/18/21 @ 3:00 on BTN+

Still befuddled by Leader. Same guy who has struggled against everyone including us the first time 2-2 to 7th. As I said this might be our worst hitting of the season given who we have faced. We were horrible against Lonsway for OSU but he is a good pitcher. These guys are not and thats the only game I can even think of where we have looked this confused at plate (yes we were better Sunday,, especially given what we are facing). 

Richardson just hit Leader in the leg for a leadoff single.

That forces Leader out. I hate to wish ill on someone but that may of just been the best thing to happen to us today given how much he was dominating last couple innings. Also throws Illinois off there rhythm with unscheduled pitching change.  

Nope befuddled by this guy as well. Its not the pitcher clearly but our approach and mental state today as we can't touch some of the worst pitching in the Big Ten. 2-2 to Eighth.

Now Illinois goes to their same long reliever for third time this week. He has not been good throwing a ton of innings but not sure that matters today.  

Steal of 2nd. So basically like we bunted now.

Murrison with the steal and he is hurt pinch running and hurt his shoulder badly. Fortunately he is sparingly used so even if its serious not end of world but hate it for him.

Nope flew out on what was actually a solid at bat. If we are going to win this going to need to walk it off again against them. Inexcusable. I could of seen where we needed a 7-6 walk off given pitching situation but at 2-2 is unacceptable. We should have at least 5-10 runs against this pitching and fact we don't is inexcusable. 

Maciochi strikes out the side with little effort. We have top of lineup which is where you want to be to win it, but with our hitting today not sure it matters.