Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IU Baseball vs Illinois - 5/18/21 @ 3:00 on BTN+

Groundout sends us to extra's. Not what you want with four games this weekend. Happened way to many times this year that  offense has no showed against horrific pitching.

Illinois just hit a HR. Goodbye Big Ten Title. 

We don't deserve it with our hitting performance in some games. There has to be some lineup changes in offseason. This is just not OK the way the offense has performed at times this year.

Southern flies out. Of all people Jake Skrine pinch hitting over Toetz, Hopkins or even Vecrumba. More than the offense, Mercer needs to explain his pinch hitting this inning.

Absolutely atrocious. Period. I was worried we could lose today and get out slugged, but to lose 3-2 when Illinois literally threw everyone of their worst pitchers better be a come to Jesus moment for this team.

Houston's error also cost you, but I can excuse that. We should of gotten WAY WAY more than 2 runs against this.

How we plan to hit Nebraska's ace Friday Povitch I have zero idea. We are at point where we have to take both from Nebraska or its over and that Sommer matchup with Povitch has us being blown out written all over it. The rest of the weekend is favorable, but given how we are hitting I doubt we win more than 2 of the 3. 

Have to fix this offense in offseason, whether that be changing out the hitting coach Dan Heald or do work on plate approach. If this continues into next season we need to have serious questions about this staff.

Unless guys are in COVID protocol there is no excuse for how we managed the 10th with game on line. Even less excuse that you were in the tenth and you could not hit that pitching. 

Its all forgiven if you beat Nebraska twice but that Friday matchup has trouble written all over it. I would take this offensive performance Friday and hope Sommer somehow goes 7-8 innings of one run ball but our mental state can't be great right now.

This team has had major offensive flaws all year we have covered up, but can't hide them anymore and its going to end our season without a Big Ten Title and even very possibly no NCAA Berth depending on how we finish. 

This is 2016 all over again. Solid pitching but horrible hitting at times. You know what happened in 2016? Its only time since 2013 we have not made a Regional.

We better address the offense in the offseason if we want this success to continue, or Mercer will become the latest in a long line of failed Wright State coaches who have struggled at next stop.

I really like Mercer to be clear and most of what he has done so far but way offense has been put together this season is a massive issue and must be addressed or else I change my mind on him. He has plenty of runway with me and I like everything he has done, but the offense this season is first real failure of his tenure.

1 minute ago, Aaron said:

This is 2016 all over again. Solid pitching but horrible hitting at times. You know what happened in 2016? Its only time since 2013 we have not made a Regional.

We better address the offense in the offseason if we want this success to continue, or Mercer will become the latest in a long line of failed Wright State coaches who have struggled at next stop.

I really like Mercer to be clear and most of what he has done so far but way offense has been put together this season is a massive issue and must be addressed or else I change my mind on him. He has plenty of runway with me and I like everything he has done, but the offense this season is first real failure of his tenure.

Talent infuse with next year's recruiting class.