Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

No need to apologize. I have zero party affiliation and zero interest claiming one side or the other because (this is a broad brush I’m using here) THEY tend to vote on what is best for their party or what will get them where they want to go. What in the **** kind of leadership is that?! I’ve been blessed to be around some of the best leaders this country has but they’d never make it in politics because they’re stand up people doing what’s right and not what’s popular.

I’ve never seen a single person bat 1000 but I’ve seen plenty of leaders **** up, admit it, study it, and come back even better. What do we get? Cover ups, deflections, blame others, and every possible wrong outcome you can imagine. Part of that stems from how divided we’ve become. That’s horseshit too. We (the people) deserve a lot of blame in how we’ve conducted ourselves that’s resulted in this divide too.

I have more theories than are worth discussing. I think immunity has something to do with it. Social interaction and masks can further explain some of it. Testing and tracing play a role. I just don’t see how the west has been hit so hard on this and others, that probably should have, haven’t been hit as hard.

How in the **** did China stop domestic flights from Wuhan but didn’t restrict international flights?! I have a friend from Wuhan, who was lucky to have been able to get out in the countryside who has been asking some of these same questions. If there aren’t serious questions and investigations into China after the fact we’re in a lot worse position than I thought we were before this.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This (in bold) is becoming the story.   Or, part of it.   Its escaping from a lab...intentionally or otherwise is another part.   China is going to have a whole lot of questions to answer when this is over, and that's the position of the globe...not just the US. 

The "blame Trump" narrative has been blown up already, and this will crush it in the coming weeks.  No leader....not Trump, not Obama, not John F. Kennedy nor Desmond Tutu can act on information he/she does not have.  Or be blamed for actions based on bad data.  To place blame in that scenario is biased, uninformed, elementary, agenda-driven hatred.  Thanks for understanding and letting me vent!

13 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

This (in bold) is becoming the story.   Or, part of it.   Its escaping from a lab...intentionally or otherwise is another part.   China is going to have a whole lot of questions to answer when this is over, and that's the position of the globe...not just the US. 

The "blame Trump" narrative has been blown up already, and this will crush it in the coming weeks.  No leader....not Trump, not Obama, not John F. Kennedy nor Desmond Tutu can act on information he/she does not have.  Or be blamed for actions based on bad data.  To place blame in that scenario is biased, uninformed, elementary, agenda-driven hatred.  Thanks for understanding and letting me vent!

Your venting is small scale next to Aloha’s lol

56 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Do you realize that it's possible to be critical of somebody who you consider infallible while still being impartial?

Do you realize that it's possible to be critical of somebody who you consider infallible while still being impartial?

I think that happens but what I haven’t seen is to occasionally support something someone does well despite how you feel about him? Folks who support him have been critical of some things but I just do not see it happen the other way.

You can vent and I’ll listen. It doesn’t mean I agree.

I have some questions about the intel being aware of this dating back to November. Actionable intel is what keeps us safe. I haven’t seen the exact intel and doubt I ever will. However, I know more than a few in the intel arena and some who deal with that area of the world. Great people with solid moral compasses. I know if they saw this happening it would have been pushed up. To what level it stopped is a guessing game. Before long we won’t have to worry about this as AI using deep learning will give us the answers.

I’m sure China did their best to coverup as much as possible. However, when flights change like this there needs to be dogging, I’m sure we did this. What info they gleaned from that would be a good starting point to compare what China was saying and China was doing. There’s way more to this than any of us sees at the moment.

Your venting is small scale next to Aloha’s lol

I try to avoid any political discussions because most people become offended when their party is called out. How can you have any reasonable discussion when discussing politics?

Here’s my basis for American politicians. We’re given a list of candidates to start a team around when those candidates should be battling for preferred walk-on status.

23 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I think that happens but what I haven’t seen is to occasionally support something someone does well despite how you feel about him? Folks who support him have been critical of some things but I just do not see it happen the other way.

You think so?  Old Friend seems to have him on a pedestal beyond blame.  

Perhaps but what things do you give Trump credit for? See that is the thing. We have gotten so wrapped up now in our world that we cannot see when the other side does something or has a better idea. Fox, MSN and CNN feed this and further divide us.

1 minute ago, 8bucks said:

Perhaps but what things do you give Trump credit for? See that is the thing. We have gotten so wrapped up now in our world that we cannot see when the other side does something or has a better idea. Fox, MSN and CNN feed this and further divide us.

I think he had done a good job increasing my 401k and I think he had done a good job with unemployment.   I think the economy was going really well.

But you didn't ask me.  And Old Friend is picking and choosing what to respond to.  Think about this...he said Trump is not being political at all lol.  He's the most far right you can get.

I think he had done a good job increasing my 401k and I think he had done a good job with unemployment.   I think the economy was going really well.
But you didn't ask me.  And Old Friend is picking and choosing what to respond to.  Think about this...he said Trump is not being political at all lol.  He's the most far right you can get.

Trump or ol friend? I am not sure Trump is really far right but he hit enough there for them to be satisfied. I appreciate though that you can see some of the good. Most choose not to and immediately attack or choose an opposite position to his just to because they are anti trump.

I admit though that those that cannot are his faults are just as much a problem

44 minutes ago, Josh said:

Of the ignorant things you've said on this board, this wins.  Hands down.   First of all, you don't know a thing about "me."  You know what I write here.  And second of all, if I somehow offend you by being far right, I'd ask you to take a reasonable look around your world if it extends beyond a chat board.   Because seriously.  If you think what I say is far right?   You'll be shocked by what you find once you walk outside your biased little bubble.  And always look both ways before you cross the street.   

1 hour ago, Josh said:

And you seem to have the reading comprehension of a desk chair.  (When did I say he's infallible, and on what did you base that ridiculously stupid comment?)  You've been stalking me around throwing rocks for years.  For what?  Because I write things you don't like, snowflake?    Because orange man scares you and people that have respect for the office he holds scare you more?   I said above I'd love to have a reasonable debate, and you're doing nothing but proving my point that you can't.   Give it a rest.  

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Of course I do.  Would you like to see the letter I wrote Trump in 2015 asking him not to run because he's a buffoon of a communicator?   I have done nothing....nothing at all to indicate I think he's infallible.  That's on you.  Your interpretation because all you have is "Trump bad.  Voters stupid,"   In this situation, I have defended him and I will gladly stand by that defense.   Debate if you want, but use facts and not "orange man bad."

Your problem is you automatically put me (and I would bet every other person who voted for him) in the same box and I guarantee you look down on every single one of them.   It's been your angle for years.   You're transparent.  You're judgmental.   You speak in absolutes (like saying I think he's infallible because I support him on an issue you don't).  You don't generally see good in anyone you disagree with and all you do is insult them in your own way.   You don't debate.  And you talk about others in posts that aren't with them.   How many times have you mentioned ME in just this thread?  It's been the same since you joined, whenever that was.   You wouldn't know impartial if it knocked on your door.   That's "Josh" in a nutshell.

****, this is the dumb **** we get. How would yourself today look different than your 10 year old self?! You’re both way better than that. This is what we get when we’re divided. I’m sure there is some, at the very least, close to common ground but hey **** that let’s call each other names on the shot we don’t agree about. What kind of **** is that?! **** this stupid **** man. **** **** ****!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

****, this is the dumb **** we get. How would yourself today look different than your 10 year old self?! You’re both way better than that. This is what we get when we’re divided. I’m sure there is some, at the very least, close to common ground but hey **** that let’s call each other names on the shot we don’t agree about. What kind of **** is that?! **** this stupid **** man. **** **** ****!!

I understand most of the viewpoints being expressed. I align myself a certain way. I have a lot of doubts about what is going on in the world and US right now.

Unfortunately that’s all bigger than me and there really isn’t anything I can do about it.

Politics are crooked. Both sides. All sides. Money, money, money and power.

My job as a human is to be the best person I can be for my family, friends, and patients. That’s all I can control.

I firmly believe this whole Covid pandemic stinks to high heaven and nothing really adds up. I haven’t hardly worked or made money for 3.5 weeks. When I’m finally allowed to go back to work, half of my patients will be too scared to come in.

I understand most of the viewpoints being expressed. I align myself a certain way. I have a lot of doubts about what is going on in the world and US right now.

Unfortunately that’s all bigger than me and there really isn’t anything I can do about it.

Politics are crooked. Both sides. All sides. Money, money, money and power.

My job as a human is to be the best person I can be for my family, friends, and patients. That’s all I can control.

I firmly believe this whole Covid pandemic stinks to high heaven and nothing really adds up. I haven’t hardly worked or made money for 3.5 weeks. When I’m finally allowed to go back to work, half of my patients will be too scared to come in.

Do you take Delta? I might head up that way and stop in for a visit. Lord knows my teeth need a lot of work.

Funny story, I picked my dentist in Hawaii based on where he went to school.. IU.

Do you take Delta? I might head up that way and stop in for a visit. Lord knows my teeth need a lot of work.

Funny story, I picked my dentist in Hawaii based on where he went to school.. IU.

Lol. Yeah, we take Delta. And good for you. Smart dentist, from IN to Hawaii. Speaking of which, we are forecasted to get 3-6 inches of snow tonight.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Lol. Yeah, we take Delta. And good for you. Smart dentist, from IN to Hawaii. Speaking of which, we are forecasted to get 3-6 inches of snow tonight.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Cancel that, I might head back out to Hawaii. Good to know you take Delta though.