Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
mamasa

#IUWBB vs Southern U 11/14 @ 7 pm

Best of luck to the Hoosiers tonight as they take on Southern.  Tip is at 7 pm, televised on B1G+ ($)

LIVE STATS

LISTEN LIVE

FRESH(MEN) FACES
Indiana's roster will feature a host of new players including five freshmen - Alexis Johnson, Linsey Marchese, Jaelynn Penn, Keyanna Warthen and Bendu Yeaney - who will make an immediate impact. Overall, the Class of 2021 was been ranked as the No. 13 signing class in the country by ProspectsNation.com. In addition, ESPN, ProspectsNation.com, All-Star Girls Report and Collegiate Girls Basketball Report have all ranked IU as the top class amongst the Big Ten.

BUSS, CAHILL PRESEASON ALL-B1G
Seniors Tyra Buss and Amanda Cahill were selected as All-Big Ten preseason honorees announced by the league on October 23. The duo made Indiana one of three schools with multiple preseason selections. 

WHAT'S RETURNING
Along with Buss and Cahill, the Hoosiers also return junior Kym Royster (averaged 4.2 ppg., 2.6 rpg.) who appeared in 33 games last year and made five starts at the beginning of 2016-17. Sophomore Bre Wickware also returns for IU, as she made appearances in 33 of 34 games last season. 

1 minute ago, mamasa said:

Just had a chance to jump in (celebrating daughter's 17th bday emoji846.png). What happened to Tyra???

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Jon Blau described it as a kamikaze leap toward the bucket and she was called for a player control foul - landed awkwardly.

Happy 17th to your daughter.   

5a0b99a3a9170_SmileItsYourBirthday.thumb.jpg.2f05f8a71155012ef4ffc7c0aa9737d9.jpg

Ladies take care of Southern 64-49.  Strong game from Royster whom I've not spoken highly of on more than one occasion.  Freshmen Yeaney and Penn with solid games and 8 rebounds from Wickware off the bench.  Western KY visits on the 17th; 7:00 tipoff.

5a0b9f6beb0be_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.8629d59efa8fcedd512928e3b5a14e94.png

We really need Royster to be consistent and strong.  Last year, every time she would have a great game, she'd follow with a game where she disappeared.  Is Alexis Johnson just not ready to play, or is she injured?  I noticed that she and Grace Withrow did not play

I agree, however, about kym. She needs to be consistent this year I always thought she had potential but she is so inconsistent. Hoping she steps up this year because apparently Johnson and marchese aren't gonna be seeing the floor a whole lot

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

Johnson isn't gonna be any use this year she's a project and withrow is a walk on pg..not going to be taking minutes from buss

Definitely appreciate the information!  It's tough to get a handle on the team, since there is so little information out there.  I had hopes for Marchese that she would be a Foresman type player...

Definitely appreciate the information!  It's tough to get a handle on the team, since there is so little information out there.  I had hopes for Marchese that she would be a Foresman type player...

Moren really only ever seems to play about 6 or 7 players, even when the roster has been full. Can see marchese picking up decent minutes if our bigs get in foul trouble but most bench minutes are going to warthen and wickware.