Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ALASKA HOOSIER

Help raise money for St. Jude Research Hospital

Fellow Btown Banner friends,

The weekend of 12-13 November 2016, I'm running back to back races (5k and marathon) in Las Vegas to raise money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

I need your help to reach my goal of $4500 for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. I have raised half of that but with a month left to go, I still need your help.

If you can spare a few dollars, please go to the webpage http://heroes.stjude.org/chip and please spread the word about St. Jude and what i'm trying to accomplish. None of the money goes to me, it goes straight to St. Jude. Here are somethings that your donation will help with:

Infant Care Supplies for 10 Babies: $50

These supplies help parents and nurses care for babies in treatment and include items like diapers, baby bottles, sippy cups, pacifiers, footies and heel warmers.

Wagon: $70

Wagons can make traveling through the halls of St. Jude easier for parents and more fun for a young child.

Parties to celebrate birthdays, holidays and "coming off chemo": $75

St. Jude provides parties, decorations, cakes and more to keep spirits high during the holidays and to celebrate special occasions like birthdays and a child's completion of chemotherapy treatment.

Creative Toys: $100

Play is an essential part of every child's life, and it's important for the children to have fun as often as possible. At St. Jude, colorful, toy-filled play areas are just as plentiful as exam rooms.

Delicious Meals: $210

St. Jude provides meal cards so that patients and families can enjoy the comfort and convenience of good, nutritious meals in the Kay Kafe, our cafeteria.

One Day of Oxygen: $447

Oxygen is key to keeping the immune system strong. A gift of oxygen can help a young body thrive and help fight cancer at the cellular level.

Child-sized Wheelchairs: $700

These special wheelchairs help children move easily through St. Jude.

Airfare for a parent and child: $1,000 Average

For a patient referred to St. Jude, the hospital covers the cost of airfare for a child and one parent or guardian.

St. Jude is leading the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. Thanks to donors like you:

• Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food — because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
  • Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20% to more than 80% since it opened more than 50 years ago. St. Jude won't stop until no child dies from cancer.

Thank you for donating and helping me reach my goal for the kids of St. Jude!stjheroeslogo.png @StJude #stjudeheroes

‎@BtownBanners

Thanks, Chip

The half wasnt as fun as the 5k. My feet are hamburger from all the walking to and from the races. With all the runners, there was little to no transportation so we had to beat feet. Im sucking right now with the blisters. Damn i hate blisters

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app