Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

IU Women's Soccer Honored with Herbert Cup

WTG Lady Hoosiers!  I'm looking forward to the season. I think Coach Berbary has assembled a decent team with the returners and new additions.

The Indiana University Women's Soccer team posted a team GPA of 3.56 during the Fall 2014 semester, the highest of any team at IU, and were awarded the Herbert Cup for the first time in program history. 

The team was recognized on the court during a men's basketball game and also had dinner with university president Michael A. McRobbie and his wife. The photo gallery link above has photos of the dinner as well as the presentation at the men's basketball game.

"This is a tremendous honor for the women's soccer program," Eileen O'Rourke, the team's academic advisor, said. "Having a team GPA of 3.56 is outstanding, but doing it while the sport is 'in season' makes it even more remarkable. I am so proud of the work that they put in and thrilled that they were able to be rewarded with the Herbert Cup."

The Herbert Cup is named after former Indiana University President Adam Herbert and is awarded to the team that posts the highest team GPA each semester.