Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUBASE - 3 game series @ College of Charleston

GAMEDAY! We take on the Cougars @ 3pm and it's on stream. Same starting rotation - Effross, Morris, Kelzer. Go Hoosiers!

Preview | Twitter

Game 1 - Friday @ 3 pm ET -- StreamRadioGametracker -- L, 4-2

Game 2 - Saturday @ 3 pm ET -- RadioGametracker -- W, 15-1  

Game 3 - Sunday @ Noon ET -- RadioGametracker -- cancelled/rain

Are we at the "maybe next year" spot for baseball?

Nah. IU's early season is comparable to mid/small conference teams in b-ball; where they play the toughest games of their schedule early then have an easier go of it during conference play. Also, IU will play roughly 60-65 games this year and a lot of them at away or neutral sites, so even a .500 record going into conference play will look good to those that create the NCAA baseball brackets.

bingo, LI.  it's a longass 55-game regular season, way too early to count us out.  we scheduled tough like a good non-coastal program with ncaat aspirations typically needs to, especially if it's in a relatively weak conference.  these are opportunities for resume wins.  cofc is a better team than us.  one win vs a surefire postseason team as the road dog would be nice; two would be huge.  werent supposed to win yesterday facing the opponent's ace at their place.   he dominated us which you obviously never like to see, however an ace is gonna do that more times than not.  thats why he's an ace.

knew after ramos committed the 1st inning throwing error that we'd drop that one.  i cringe every time the ball is hit to shortstop.  he's inconsistent at best.  not a good shortstop, yet.  easy to see he has the tools to be.  it's hard to be called a good defensive team when you lack a steady ss.  his bat looks much improved though.

good to see dedelow appears to have made a big sophomore jump.  hopefully nolden's 9th inning hit yesterday ignites him.  i'm surprised we havent seen gibbs yet even once.  smith was really high on him and i remember thinking, after reading his short bio in this article, that he'd be showing signs of being a stud at right about this time.  if hartong continues to let baserunners successfully run on him and nolden doesnt pick it up, i'd think the adjustment would be to try gibbs behind the plate and put hartong in left, sowers back to right.