Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
nick242

Height problems

With no true big men in 2014 recruiting class we have two options at center position hanner and jurkin neither are good long term options hanner probably getting the start is 6'9"- 6-10" then at power forward possibly troy williams? Not much height or strength downlow could be downfall for team this year

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="Crean and Crimson" post="71763" timestamp="1403721192"]April is a true big man, and Priller also has good size (I believe he's 6'9). I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt Jurkin ever sees the court this year, except for maybe a few garbage minutes at the end of a blowout.[/quote] https://btownbanners.com/index.php?/topic/5419-Peter-Jurkin-questionable-this-year Get your hopes down now, unfortunately

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

If you scan the IUBB forum on here, you'll see lots of threads that have discussed this, but the conclusion seemed to be that we need a rim protector, but a true center doesn't function well in Crean's transition offense. Players like Zeller who can run and defend in the post are ideal. Davis seems to be someone who could step up and provide the hustle and bulldog mentality in some kind of post role.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

UCONN just proved that you don't necessarily need offense from your bigs to succeed in the NCAA. What their bigs DID give them, however, was good defense and good rebounding. If Perea, April, and Davis can give us those 2 things, I'm confident that our guards and wings can score enough to get us the W.