Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
IU Hoosier41

OT: IZZO Not Happy with Attendance Issues

It's always nice reading articles like this that showcase how amazing and dedicated #iubb fans are. Even when we were down in the dumps, Assembly Hall was rocking. Michigan State just became No. 1 in the nation and they didn't even pack the Breslin Center.

From the article:

Izzo was upset -- but not necessarily with his team. He told reporters afterward he felt "disappointment" by the lack of attendance at the game. The tilt technically sold out, but plenty with ducats ducked out on showing.

You could understand why Izzo would be upset. This came about just hours after Michigan State earned its first No. 1 ranking in the polls since 2001, only the third time in program history MSU has climbed to the top spot in the AP rankings. A big day and night for the team, to be certain.

It's also a change in momentum from what the student body pulled off in the preseason, when thousands flooded the field near Breslin to camp out for Izzone season tickets. That building and that program have come a long way since Izzo took over, and now it seems like the fan base is taking for granted, just a little bit, how precious vicious home-court advantage can be.

http://m.cbssports.com/s/36900/42?arenaAbbr=ncaab&arenaName=College%20Basketball&articleId=24249010&teamId=21194&leagueId=55&newsType=arena&platform=webapp

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Attendance issues have been plaguing a lot of college basketball programs. Indiana is obviously not one of them. It's just a different culture in Assembly Hall. When I see seats open at a game, even if they're for a match-up with some cupcake I've never heard of, I get really upset because I know there are plenty of other Hoosiers out there who would love to be at the game. There's a level of accountability at IU. If I know someone who has tickets and can't make the game, I try my hardest to get them into the hands of someone else. Nonetheless, attendance is always great at The Hall, especially when B1G play rolls around. The fans have always been here for this program. Even in our worst 3 year span, the attendance rate was higher than it has been for Purdue the last 3 years. Hoosiers are incredibly dedicated and passionate about their basketball. Just another reason why I love being a HOOSIER.

Idk what it is this year duke hasn't filled out the cameron crazy section the past 2 games that I have seen them on tv and I've been 5 of the 6 games at assembly this season (that includes exhibition) and have yet to see that place fill up as well. Must be a slow start to the year for fans or they are waiting on better games to come attend.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Idk what it is this year duke hasn't filled out the cameron crazy section the past 2 games that I have seen them on tv and I've been 5 of the 6 games at assembly this season (that includes exhibition) and have yet to see that place fill up as well. Must be a slow start to the year for fans or they are waiting on better games to come attend.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

IU's attendance has struggled the last two weeks because of a 6:00pm week day tip time followed by the next game was during the crazy weather all across Indiana. I got 3 different calls with people offering up their tickets at no cost because they didn't want to drive down to Bloomington in all that bad weather. It's kind of two fold with how the logistics of the game, opponent and how the team is playing.

For them to not pack the house after earning the #1 ranking is a bit more surprising, but as the article states, they are spoiled by a good basketball program. I don't see Indiana ever having that issue. We live for #iubb season lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

My sister even offered me her tickets on Sunday. I think it had been about five years since that last happened. Of course she called about an hour and a half before game time knowing full well it would take me about 3 hours to make the drive. Sibling love, it's great!