Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

TV Series Thread

Really liked season 1. Am halfway through season 2 and finding it kind of a mess. Not sure if I’ll finish it or not.
Season 1 was fantastic but yeah season 2 is less than fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Was planning to dig into Dylan Harper this weekend. Instead, and yes, I know I’m 20 years late on this, binged season 1 of The Wire. Had just never really felt compelled to watch it before. Damn, that’s remarkable TV. 

1 hour ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I’ve almost finished The Book of Bobba Fett on Disney+. Been pleasantly surprised so far. Trying to finish it up before starting the new season of the Mandalorian. 

Mandalorian is better than Book of Boba Fett.

12 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

If you like Sci-fi there Lost in Space series is pretty good 

I’m looking for a sci-fi author I like as much as Andy Weir. There’s a ton of it out there, but few hit the story-telling plus geeky stuff well like him. 

Didnt you say your handle (Brass Cannon) is from a sci fi book?

16 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

I’m looking for a sci-fi author I like as much as Andy Weir. There’s a ton of it out there, but few hit the story-telling plus geeky stuff well like him. 

Didnt you say your handle (Brass Cannon) is from a sci fi book?

I love Andy Weir. Met him in Cincy last year. Not sure I have anybody that good to recommend. 

Robert Heinlein is a good choice. A but dated obviously but he was a trained engineer and it showed.  And yes my username is the original name of his book The moon is a harsh mistress. That’s a good one to start with. 

10 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I love Andy Weir. Met him in Cincy last year. Not sure I have anybody that good to recommend. 

Robert Heinlein is a good choice. A but dated obviously but he was a trained engineer and it showed.  And yes my username is the original name of his book The moon is a harsh mistress. That’s a good one to start with. 

Awesome. I just put a hold for the audio version through my Libby app 

For anyone with Amazon Prime I recommend The Boys or Reacher, both good shows.  The Boys is a dark parody of the superhero genre.  Reacher is based on the Lee Child book series; season 1 was great and quickly picked up for season 2 plus Alan Ritchson makes for a better Reacher than hobbit Tom Cruise.

30 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Awesome. I just put a hold for the audio version through my Libby app 

Cool.  If you like that Starship Troopers is great. Nothing like the movie.  

Enders Game is amazing if you haven’t read that. Not as technical but definitely some cool ideas explored.  Avoid the movie at all costs 

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Cool.  If you like that Starship Troopers is great. Nothing like the movie.  

Enders Game is amazing if you haven’t read that. Not as technical but definitely some cool ideas explored.  Avoid the movie at all costs 

Just read about little Ender a couple weeks ago! That was a good one