Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

Trey Muse - Seattle Sounders

As I said I have settled on the fact that this is a rebuild job and do not expect Rennicks back either. There are guys waiting on the bench who have never played who are good plus good recruits. 

Truly elite teams should be able to lose an entire roster like we are and have guys waiting in the wings to mostly compensate. I don't expect a title contender but our 'rebuild' next year should constitute a to 15-25 team that makes the tourney and then uses this new class in a year or 2 to build back to the top. 

The above is what constantly elite teams do including many Jerry Yeagley teams and it's time to prove we are one of those again (I think we will) and can build elite teams with many classes in a row regardless of how many guys we lose.

We need to really prove we are back and that this collection of players was not a blip after 15 years of relative mediocrity (by our standards). This is our chance.