Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

#IUWBB @ Purdue - 7 pm ET/BTN

12 hours ago, Iugradman said:

I don’t trust Glass to make a smart move here. Moren could buy herself one more year with a strong finish but next season will be awful so hopefully Glass will be forced to make a change. Just let someone else pick the coach.

If you think next year will be awful, you have not been paying attention.  I believe next year we will have the 3 highest rated recruits EVER for the women's program. We had never had a 5 star recruit prior to Penn this year and next year we will have 3 on the floor with Penn, Berger coming in and Patberg eligible after the transfer.

Obviously Patberg could be a question mark with her past health issues, but she is a monster if she is 100% healthy (I believe she was going to be starting at ND as a fresh before the ACL  injury). Wise will give us numbers similar to Cahill as well.  So we lose obviously two of the top 10 kids ever to suit up, but add a former HS player of the year, a 5 star recruits, and an all conference kid from Pitt--2 of which will be 4th year players.  Add another year of development for Penn and Yeaney, and the future is very bright

If you think next year will be awful, you have not been paying attention.  I believe next year we will have the 3 highest rated recruits EVER for the women's program. We had never had a 5 star recruit prior to Penn this year and next year we will have 3 on the floor with Penn, Berger coming in and Patberg eligible after the transfer.
Obviously Patberg could be a question mark with her past health issues, but she is a monster if she is 100% healthy (I believe she was going to be starting at ND as a fresh before the ACL  injury). Wise will give us numbers similar to Cahill as well.  So we lose obviously two of the top 10 kids ever to suit up, but add a former HS player of the year, a 5 star recruits, and an all conference kid from Pitt--2 of which will be 4th year players.  Add another year of development for Penn and Yeaney, and the future is very bright

I haven't watched a lot of games this season but Yeaney and Penn have impressed me in a few of them. I really like what I think Yeaney can develop into. It'll be interesting to see how they develop over the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Idk where you heard that ali was going to start at nd but it is not true haha..she is a solid, consistent point guard and was going to put up minutes but I don't believe she was in contention for a starting spot at any point. She will be a great addition to this team but she isn't going to replace the production of buss. To be honest, wise is more proven at this level and I'm more excited to see what she does, along with penn and Berger. Patberg just likes to do alot of dribbling so we will see how she runs this offense

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

There was plenty of talk in SB that she was looking really good early in the preseason and had been running with the 1st group at practices early on.  I mean she was a national player of the year in HS and does a lot more that stand around and dribble!!!!  With a rotation next year with Patberg, Wise, Royster, Penn, Yeaney, Berger, Marchase, Warthen, Wickware if she gets stronger, and potentially the foreign kid we will be much deeper and more experienced than we are this year and that will absolutely help, especially when you consider only one of those 10 will be a senior

There was plenty of talk in SB that she was looking really good early in the preseason and had been running with the 1st group at practices early on.  I mean she was a national player of the year in HS and does a lot more that stand around and dribble!!!!  With a rotation next year with Patberg, Wise, Royster, Penn, Yeaney, Berger, Marchase, Warthen, Wickware if she gets stronger, and potentially the foreign kid we will be much deeper and more experienced than we are this year and that will absolutely help, especially when you consider only one of those 10 will be a senior

She was going to back up lindsay allen there is a 0% chance she would have played in front of allen. Often you play 6 players in the first group because you want your backup pg/6th man to mesh with the starters..and when she was able to play again after all her bad luck with illness and injury...mcgraw picked up lili Thompson to play back up pg so ali would have been the third option at point this year for nd. That's why she left..makes me wonder if she never really fully bounced back after injury.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

OK so top 6, not that big 6 her fresh year, big difference.  I think there are many on here that forget just how good she was before the injury and then other health issues last year.  Another year post surgery to give her body a  chance to recover and she has the potential to be REALLY REALLY good.  I mean she was a National Player of the Year in HS (by some pubs) in a class that included Katie Lou Samulson and Naphesia Collier from UCONN, Asia Durr at Louisville, Maybrey and Ogunbowale at ND among others.  

5 hours ago, Iugradman said:

We should have made the tourney last year and our record should be way better than 14-12 this season.  Moren is a mediocre coach. She is Tom Crean.

If she were Crean we would probably have a much better record right now because there is about a zero chance our SOS would be 12 right now (RPI, 24 in sagarin), probably closer to 50 with a few NC gimmies in there